Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Impreza L 207
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy but I want 99-01 headlights with plastic lenses. I didn't mind polishing the plastic lenses on my bugeye, and the weight of my glass depo headlights is ridiculous. Anyone know where I can find some? I'm assuming the oem ones are also glass?

·
Premium Member
05 RS
2,596 Posts
Wirelessly posted (my sexy evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; PC36100 Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It's not even that much lol

·
Registered
93 Impreza L 207
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it's silly, but little things like this bother me. The reason why I bought a GC in the first place was because of the weight difference. I'd like to maximize that difference wherever I can without sacrificing driveability.

As far as alternatives, I don't like how the morettes look, plus it would be a shame to hack them up when I do my retrofit. The only other lights I've seen besides the morettes are the ebay projectors. Don't even get me started on those, lol

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
Here's an idea. Try and find a plastics shop that does vacuum forming. Bring them your headlamp lens and ask them if they can replicate it. Or try and find the plexi AussieDM stone deflectors for the GC that snap over the OEM lens.

Honestly I doubt the weight savings is worth the effort. Get a JDM beam if you wanna really shave some lbs!

·
Registered
93 Impreza L 207
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no way I'm spending a few hundred on plastic lenses. I just wanted to know if there were headlights that came with them already so I could sell mine to get those. Apparently there aren't any, so that's that I'll just live with it.

I'm curious though, has anyone weighed the oem headlights? Mine are 3.9x lbs, basically 4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.