Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Not too bad, and those cams have a pretty tempting looking price to them, as well. Nice to see someone other than Cobb offering hop-up parts for the 2.5RS.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Subaru RS 2.5 steel header (inside mandrel bent/equal tube) TWE-SUB25hed-ms *$629
Subaru 2.5" tail pipe and High Flow Muffler (aluminized steel) TWE-SUB25tail-ms *$265
Subaru High Flow 2.5" Cat pipe and Catalytic converter TWE-SUB25cat-ms *$239

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
If only I had a 2.5!:( :curse:

·
Registered
63 Posts
those headers look very tempting......i wonder if they hang down any lower than stock. I would hate to smash them up during one of my offroad adventures:devil:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
N/A said:
Aren't the Borla headers cheaper?
Yup. But these look to be superior to the Borla headers. Mandrel bent, equal length, and most importantly, they have a merge collector. More money, but they are done right; and besides, the Borlas have a tendancy to throw CE lights and crack.

·
Registered
646 Posts
So they end at the same place as the stock pipes do? In other words they will work with the Minnam kit that I have?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
N/A said:
So they end at the same place as the stock pipes do? In other words they will work with the Minnam kit that I have?

Just sent them an email asking basically the same question, I'll post the reply when I get it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
And here it is:

"Our header system does end at exactly the same location as the stock system.
The Tech Works system comes with a spherical graphite gasket at the header/catalytic pipe junction for improved isolation and seal during expansion and engine movement/rock, so you would have to request that the header come with a stock type flange for your application."

Sounds good to me. :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sounds decent enough but the $600+ is kind of high. Maybe after one of you get the setup on your turbo car and give us a review.

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
I have a question about the intake. Won't the intake injest water/ alot of moisture if its raining.snowing out, if it uses one of the vents. Just a question.

·
Registered
38 Posts
does anyone think that using a 2.5 inch header/ highflow cat will drasticly reduce the low end tourqe our cars provide? i have an intake and i 2.5 inch cat back and i havnt lost anything yet but i think if i was to use these headers i would. this design does look very nice though.

Nate

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
There isn't a "magical" diameter for an exhaust pipe to be. Idealy, you would want a variable diameter pipe for an exhaust. You could have maximum power form idle to redline. That is a fairly stuip plan. It would be expensive and likely heavy. So you choose the best comprimise. An engines power is best used for acceleration for a sporting auto. A trans that has good gear spacing keeps the RPM with in a certain band during maximum acceleration. For maximum acceleration you want an exhaust most effecient during the band of RPM.

A 2.25 has its best effeciency in the middle/higher RPM range while the 2.5 raises it effeciency to the high to redline area. Both are a comprimise for extreme low end torque. You will not "drastically reduce torque" going to a larger exhaust. What will reduce torqe (but not by much) is the 4 into one design. It will have a more peaky delivery shown on a dyno graph, than a 4 into 2 into 1 designs, that will show a generally flatter torque curve. Neither will stunt power until it is in their range, it just will emphasise different regions of the rev range.

cheeRS,

Greg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts