Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BRP
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so my uncle and I installed my borla rep headers today and when we were finished and he was lookin it all over he was wondering if it was bad that the header pipe is like half and inch to three quarters inch away from the power steering line. he didnt know if i should put some heat blocking tape(if that exists) on it to keep it protected.

he wasnt sure, i said none of you had mentioned it so far. so we both thought we should ask you dudes.

anyone have any probs with all the heat from the headers being close to the PS lines?

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
k so my uncle and I installed my borla rep headers today and when we were finished and he was lookin it all over he was wondering if it was bad that the header pipe is like half and inch to three quarters inch away from the power steering line. he didnt know if i should put some heat blocking tape(if that exists) on it to keep it protected.

he wasnt sure, i said none of you had mentioned it so far. so we both thought we should ask you dudes.

anyone have any probs with all the heat from the headers being close to the PS lines?
i havent had any problems with it at all. you should be fine. if they touch/rattle then thats a different story. but dont worry about it.

and just FYI, its not a big deal but i noticed that you made alot of threads about your exhaust. it would be easyier if you just asked everything in on thread. but its something as you will learn as you spend time on the forum. welcome BTW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.