Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some borla replica headers, but I have an 07 Impreza 2.5i so I would have to get a 05 cat pipe to work with the headers. So now I have the parts I needed but the stock headers have an o2 sensor, but the borla replica doesn't. How do I make this work?

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
I just got some borla replica headers, but I have an 07 Impreza 2.5i so I would have to get a 05 cat pipe to work with the headers. So now I have the parts I needed but the stock headers have an o2 sensor, but the borla replica doesn't. How do I make this work?
i heard that you have to... basically.. get a new aftermarket exhaust system. you have to get 02 sensor wire extenders too. you wont gain anything from the new headers (power wise) just rumble.

so you have the headers, look for a stock cat or go catless (if you want some good power and sound), get a catback with a nice size resonator in it. to cut out some of the catless raspyness. once u get all of those, get a wire to extend the 02 sensor's so they will fit in the new locations

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i heard that you have to... basically.. get a new aftermarket exhaust system. you have to get 02 sensor wire extenders too. you wont gain anything from the new headers (power wise) just rumble.

so you have the headers, look for a stock cat or go catless (if you want some good power and sound), get a catback with a nice size resonator in it. to cut out some of the catless raspyness. once u get all of those, get a wire to extend the 02 sensor's so they will fit in the new locations
the 07 2.5i has two o2 sensors, both are on the header, none one the cat pipe. does the 05 cat pipe have two sensors?

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
the 07 2.5i has two o2 sensors, both are on the header, none one the cat pipe. does the 05 cat pipe have two sensors?
yes the older models had 2 sensor bungs. one for the front, before the cat, and one after the cat

i can't seem to find the borla replica ebay headers anymore. I search and can't find them. Who makes them? How much did you by them for?
well i have the real borlas, +8k and no cracking. just keep and eye out for used ones on here and nasioc

should be right around 200

· Registered
2005 Saabaru 2.5i
399 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.