Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope u guys can help me on this because i am new to forum and cars so bare with me.

First of all i have a 07 2.5rs sedan and i have been looking around for headers if they even make some for a 2.5rs. But it seemed like i found one on eBay from Speedy Racer Performance. The title on the product was "Subaru 97-07 Impreza RS Legacy GT header" So i went and ordered them. But the thing is it looks nothing like the figure of stock header. Do u guys know if headers are different from 97-07? Also, what makes the boxer rumble sound?

Well here is the header info

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&item=180271605935&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I am worried that it wont fit my car because it doesn't look like my stock form.

I hope u guys can help. Please help.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
THose are the classic Borla replicas headers. They look different than the stock headers because they are UNEQUAL length headers which gives us the nice boxer sound. The stock ones are EQUAL length (more torque)

They will fit the Block but I am not sure if the cat design or placement changed. Hopefully others with pitch in here.

·
Registered
Black 2005 2.5 RS
25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanks u guys. thanks for all the tips. i can't wait to hear that boxer rumble. one more question though.

will it rumble with a stock wrx exhaust?

·
Registered
Black 2005 2.5 RS
25 Posts
There are some differences in the 2006-2007 2.5i and 2.5RS, for example, the 2.5i are different in the exhaust system design, cams (AVLS) and intake manifold (except for the 2005 2.5RS, they share the same intake manifold design). As far as getting a cat used OEM or aftermarket check on this site and NASIOC classifieds and for a new cat pipe try this site:

http://www.boxer4racing.com/

This is off the top of my head and definitely not a complete list but it will get you started. Flanges are located at the end of the pipe where you join two pipes together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts