Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
02,Impreza,Blue
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done Changing Intake valves and exhaust valves. Put new head gaskets and head studs...I put in new valve cover gaskets. I got everything torqued down and notice a Oil Leak between The cylinder head and Block. Right when i pour oil in it starts leaking? Could you give me any idea why this would happen?

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
Put the headgasket in wrong? A guy i know did that....lol.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Itll fit so the oil passage doesnt have a gasket on it. The other options could be it wasnt torqued enough, the head warped, the head is damaged. There isnt really any easy way for oil to leak from the HG, its usually a coolant leak.

·
Registered
02,Impreza,Blue
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itll fit so the oil passage doesnt have a gasket on it. The other options could be it wasnt torqued enough, the head warped, the head is damaged. There isnt really any easy way for oil to leak from the HG, its usually a coolant leak.
The heads looked fine..the people who owned it jumped time with it. So I installed new parts. I have it torqued to 75ft pounds of torque. The only thing i know that goes through the head gastked is water,exhaust and fuel

·
Registered
02,Impreza,Blue
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The oil resovior goes on the vavle cover on the same side where the leak is aswell. The passeger side is fine. Before I took the car apart there were no leaks

·
Registered
565 Posts
You didnt do a torque sequence?

Exhaust and fuel shouldnt pass through a headgasket, theres oil passages from the block to the head to lub the cam shaft/valves.

Oil reservoir?

What engine is this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts