overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
It looks like an Eaton unit. I like the intake manfold too!:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree

yeah it does, looks like they fabricated the plate for the intake and exhaust side of the sc. he has a couple of good tech articles about why the sub motor works so well and is reliable your life depends on it in a plane.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Eigenfellner has some excellent aircraft engine designs BUT they (unfortunately) don't translate to the automotive realm. Aircraft engines are designed for low RPM (relative to a car) and many of the intake manifold designs, and other system re-designs are designed more for space considerations than anything else.

·
Registered
410 Posts
ampsarus said:
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, Eatons are cintrifugal, that is a positive displacement type. (Autorotor, roots, etc.)
Nope...Eaton makes "roots-type" (ie. positive displacement) superchargers. They are the #1 manufacturer of OE superchargers from what I've heard (at least in domestic cars).

http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers.html

The S/C kit that Templar is working on DOES use a centrifugal supercharger, however. (I can't recall which brand he is using at the moment.)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Roots and Twin-Screw type superchargers are positive displacement blowers. Centrifugal blowers and also called variable displacement.

I am using Rotrex centrifugal superchargers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts