Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This book is not as it seems. I am very pleasantly surprised by the detail and the charactor development. A fantastic read so far.

I've been reading this book, and it's kind of funny as I started to read I couldn't help but draw quite a few parralelles between their version of "running game" on a girl and how I was told to train my dog. Part way thru a PUA (Pickup artist) giving a class recommended:

http://www.amazon.com/Lew-Burkes-Dog-Training-Burke/dp/087666656X

:run:

Anyway I was just curious if anyone else has read this book would care to discuss? It really is a good book. I've read somewhere around 150-200 pages in less than 24 hours after purchasing it and I never read.

cheers

garrett

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
>>> Part way thru a PUA (Pickup artist) giving a class recommended <<<

Bogus already. No such thing. The girl has spotted you when you entered, summed you up and decided before you sat down if she was going home with you. If you think anything different, you will be lost forever. You could ask for a napkin at that point and get laid. YOU are not the key ~ she is.

There is NO line... NO "pick up". :monkey:

This is from a man who is into his 5th decade and has had too many women to count (honest)... Most 10-20 years younger. YOU control absolutely nothing. Face it. Admit it. And enjoy! :jerkit:

PS: If you don't believe this, pass this brief insight to any woman you wish and ask her... I will be confirmed. And you might get laid... 'listen to the woman' and relax.

The secret is finding the women who have already decided you are 'worthy'. I accept 'pay pal'... :bump:

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
I loved it. I thought that it was a great read, and offered *some* insight. I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is a great guide, but more of an eye opener. I do not agree with NW OBS, however.

There is NO line... NO "pick up".
I have to disagree with this one. Your first impression is when you open your mouth and talk to her, not when you walk into the room. This is when your first impression hits, and after that it's a matter of not saying the wrong things and listening.

I've read the whole thing and actually tried some of it. I was surprised when girls actually latched on to some of that stuff! But in the end it's not the lines or all of that BS. "The Game" is just a crutch to get out there and to realize your potential. And it helped me get back in the swing of things after a long-term relationship during which I forgot a lot about meeting and flirting with girls.

Agree with it, love it or hate it, it's still a good read.

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
NW OBS said:
This is from a man who is into his 5th decade and has had too many women to count (honest)... Most 10-20 years younger. YOU control absolutely nothing. Face it. Admit it. And enjoy! :jerkit:

PS: If you don't believe this, pass this brief insight to any woman you wish and ask her... I will be confirmed. And you might get laid... 'listen to the woman' and relax.
Oh, and I'm going to strike up a conversation with the next girl that eyes me up and see how far it gets me. I've found that if you try to show effort in understanding the woman psyche it can get you pretty far.

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I also disagree with NW OBS. (sorry) I tried a couple of things recommended by "Mystery" when I got my hair cut the other day. I don't usually talk much when I get my hair cut but this time I was easily able keep the conversation going with this pretty attractive girl and she showed a few IOI's (indicators of interest) and when I left she gave me her card and wrote down her schedule and her phone number (*hint* different area code) and then said she had a great time talking and gave me a hug. It was really interesting. I've been there before never had service like that. Not saying I could have just asked her out and hit that or something but it was a good conversation.

The book is not a self help book per se. I mean he does cover a lot of what was taught to him but it's really a book about his experience over the 2 year period. If you want the real deal pick up "The Mystery Method" which is actually a self help/how to slam girls habitually guide. The book is just pure entertainment for me. Recommended for people coming out of a relationship.

cheers

garrett

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
I feel a couple of you may have missed the point.

1st Impression: When she sets eyes on you... She has decided she wants to know more and is interested.

I am NOT implying you don't need to have conversational skills. I am saying you 'pick up' not a single girl... She 'agrees' to almost any angle after the point of her acknowledgment that you exist and that she wants you.

The secret to a man's heart is through his pants. The secret to a woman's heart is self-confidence and the ability to entertain her. NOT cockiness and conceit... nor being a stand up comedian. But, the simple ability to capture her attention and keep it.

The next time you enter a crowded room, stop looking for the 'target' and pay attention to who is interested in your arrival at the door, at the bar, at the table. You will get the message know matter how slight, by paying attention and forgetting your 'lines' and method of 'attack'. Being a magnet is much less work.

Still not sure if you have made a connection? Move through the room, look for the acknowledgment of your arrival in the eyes... it's ALWAYS there! :sunny:

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
NW OBS said:
I feel a couple of you may have missed the point.

1st Impression: When she sets eyes on you... She has decided she wants to know more and is interested.

I am NOT implying you don't need to have conversational skills. I am saying you 'pick up' not a single girl... She 'agrees' to almost any angle after the point of her acknowledgment that you exist and that she wants you.

The secret to a man's heart is through his pants. The secret to a woman's heart is self-confidence and the ability to entertain her. NOT cockiness and conceit... nor being a stand up comedian. But, the simple ability to capture her attention and keep it.

The next time you enter a crowded room, stop looking for the 'target' and pay attention to who is interested in your arrival at the door, at the bar, at the table. You will get the message know matter how slight, by paying attention and forgetting your 'lines' and method of 'attack'. Being a magnet is much less work.

Still not sure if you have made a connection? Move through the room, look for the acknowledgment of your arrival in the eyes... it's ALWAYS there! :sunny:
To expand on what he is saying... and yes he is absolutely correct.

In the first moment that you go from another face in the crowd to a blip on the radar she will know if she is going home with you or not. Majority of the time one of two factors will change that.

#1. You fuck it up by opening your mouth.
#2. Her friends cock block.

Now if you are the poor SOB who is not getting noticed, this is when pick up lines will start to count. You are obviously nothing special so now you need to take control. Maybe you are not dressing right or you are just plain ugly... sucks for you. You can overcome this with the proper pick up line. A good line will make her radar blip. A really good line will make her ignore what she sees and size you up based on what you have to say. A spectacular line will drop her panties.

This is also not just for the bar scene, anywhere from your grandmother birthday party to buying ice cream at the grocery store to walking in the park. Look for the one who noticed you. The most likely candidates for a good romp will always let you know.

Chris

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Jurzeyfresh said:
To expand on what he is saying... and yes he is absolutely correct.

In the first moment that you go from another face in the crowd to a blip on the radar she will know if she is going home with you or not. Majority of the time one of two factors will change that.

#1. You fuck it up by opening your mouth.
#2. Her friends cock block.

Now if you are the poor SOB who is not getting noticed, this is when pick up lines will start to count. You are obviously nothing special so now you need to take control. Maybe you are not dressing right or you are just plain ugly... sucks for you. You can overcome this with the proper pick up line. A good line will make her radar blip. A really good line will make her ignore what she sees and size you up based on what you have to say. A spectacular line will drop her panties.

This is also not just for the bar scene, anywhere from your grandmother birthday party to buying ice cream at the grocery store to walking in the park. Look for the one who noticed you. The most likely candidates for a good romp will always let you know.

Chris
I will admit this is also correct. I never really have had the perspective of nothing in the room taking notice... So, my viewpoint is a bit biased.

I am no movie star, but I am confident and 'walk my talk'. I think this is more important (no, I know it's more important) then looking like a male model. Women are attracted to power, have been forever. What else explains Bill Clinton and his cigar?

Your not important??? You can certainly look like you are. Dress with understated class, walk with pride and look only at her eyes (even at 100ft). WHEN she does notice you, you will catch her glance (because you were not starring at her ass) and the 'game' has begun. AGAIN, initiated by her! :sunny:

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
NW OBS said:
I will admit this is also correct. I never really have had the perspective of nothing in the room taking notice... So, my viewpoint is a bit biased.

I am no movie star, but I am confident and 'walk my talk'. I think this is more important (no, I know it's more important) then looking like a male model. Women are attracted to power, have been forever. What else explains Bill Clinton and his cigar?

Your not important??? You can certainly look like you are. Dress with understated class, walk with pride and look only at her eyes (even at 100ft). WHEN she does notice you, you will catch her glance (because you were not starring at her ass) and the 'game' has begun. AGAIN, initiated by her! :sunny:
BONUS!

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno. I suggest reading the book. I mean loosely some of what you mean they also suggest. I dunno I suggest reading the book. I think there is a lot of conventional thought that doesn't work. Like pickup lines FTL.

cheers

garrett

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Venturer said:
I read it. It's quite entertaining, but you'd notice the negatives of being a PUA towards the end of the book.

It's a whole lot better to just be real.
Tada! And accept you are NOT in control... but, you can enjoy that fact while getting what you wanted anyway. So, who really is the winner? :sunny:

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it gets kind of fucked up. But I guess like anything else. Everything in moderation.

cheers

garrett

Venturer said:
I read it. It's quite entertaining, but you'd notice the negatives of being a PUA towards the end of the book.

It's a whole lot better to just be real.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
NW OBS said:
Tada! And accept you are NOT in control... but, you can enjoy that fact while getting what you wanted anyway. So, who really is the winner? :sunny:
Well, the only thing you are in control of is you. These PUAs have a hard time understanding this.

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
I've read the book and I found it entertaining and somewhat enlightening. It helped me understand why some of my actions worked (i.e. negs, C&F, DHV, chick crack).

Prior to reading the book, I had already been employing some of their tactics (mentioned above), and never understood why it worked. Now I do :p.

When an aPUA (aspiring PUA) begins using the various tactics, he's just going through the motions - "fake it till you make it." Unfortunately, many continue to fake it and never make it.

The short term goal is to get used to approaching, attracting, and laying the target. The long term goal is self improvement - self confident, sense of humor, etc. You know...all the stuff that girls "want."

The problem is that they focus too much on getting the numbers, the kisses, the sex, and lose sight of the bigger picture. That's how aPUA's end up being on auto-pilot and going through the motions to get laid. The persona they present to the target (fun and outgoing) isn't the same as how he is at home (vegging out in front of the TV).

If you wanna be a player in the game, you've gotta pick out who you wanna be, and be that person all the time.

Hopefully, this made sense. I should be in bed :p

·
Premium Member
RSTI
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. None of the people in the book can actually maintain a relationship. It's all just hooking up with club bitches. I'm not saying that dating a lot of girls is bad but eventually you may want to have a personality with SOME consistency. I think you put it best with presenting the fun and outgoing persona and then being a couch potato. Can't imagine something that would turn a girl off quicker.

cheers

garrett

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
A few mPUA's (master PUA) and gurus are now including things to help one's "inner" game - all the self-confidence and self-improvement kind of stuff.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
Let me tell you... when you go through life being whomever the current girl wants... after a while you forget who "you" really are. To this day there are some things i'm not sure really are me or just the person i am being right now.

You really have to make the choice whether you want the excitement of being everybody or the peace of mind of being you. I made my choice and dont regret it, i just hope it doesn't bite me in the ass later.

Chris

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Jurzeyfresh said:
Let me tell you... when you go through life being whomever the current girl wants... after a while you forget who "you" really are. To this day there are some things i'm not sure really are me or just the person i am being right now.

You really have to make the choice whether you want the excitement of being everybody or the peace of mind of being you. I made my choice and dont regret it, i just hope it doesn't bite me in the ass later.

Chris
I take it you chose the latter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts