Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
00' RS, 07 c230
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car became almost completely submerged in water a few weeks back due to flooding:curse:
I was able to get close to half a gallon of water out of the engine, and sucked up close to ten gallons out of the cab of the car.
The engine feels a little sluggish now after drying it up, new oil, and sparkplugs.
How much cylinder psi should stock 2.5 be regestering on a on a standard compresion tester?
Thanks for the help

scott

·
Registered
00' RS, 07 c230
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you tested did you get you test w/ all the plugs out, or did you test each cylinder one at a time w/ the other plugs in?

·
Registered
1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
305 Posts
I had my compression tested by the dealer a few months ago - all 4 cylinders were 205 - 210psi. I'm not sure what technique they used to test.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS BRP
40 Posts
I also had my compression tested by the dealer; I'm not 100% sure but I think they test each cylinder one at a time w/ the other plugs in.

Benjamin ;)

·
Registered
00' RS, 07 c230
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I did a test the other day and my car regestered 215-220psi w/ 85,000 miles, so I think its good.

Scott:happynow:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
About how much does this cost to have done? How about compared to buying the compression tester and doing it yourself?

·
Registered
00' RS, 07 c230
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought my own tester from Sears for 30 bucks, and tested my self. Really easy to do:checkit:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts