Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tune their car to have a pop tune ? Been looking around my town for tuners and no one does N/A tuning. Wanted those obnoxious crackles and pops while driving. Any recommendations? I’ve heard of delicious tuning spork to be able to tune a rs.

·
Registered
2000, Impreza RS 2.5
75 Posts
Start by getting yourself an UEL header. I am running a 1320 performance 4-2-1 with it mated to the stock cat pipe and custom 2.25 cat-back with 14” resonator and an oval style magnaflow straight through muffler. It sounds like the iconic rumble most are after, even back fires and pops a little in lift throttle 2nd gear mostly. Sounds good at WOT too with more of a rumbling roar no buzzing or raspy ticking. Just stay away from oversized cat pipes, get stainless steel and THICKER the gauge the better. Too thin and it makes the pitch more tingy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start by getting yourself an UEL header. I am running a 1320 performance 4-2-1 with it mated to the stock cat pipe and custom 2.25 cat-back with 14” resonator and an oval style magnaflow straight through muffler. It sounds like the iconic rumble most are after, even back fires and pops a little in lift throttle 2nd gear mostly. Sounds good at WOT too with more of a rumbling roar no buzzing or raspy ticking. Just stay away from oversized cat pipes, get stainless steel and THICKER the gauge the better. Too thin and it makes the pitch more tingy
I have all new piping starting from the cat all the way to the resonator and a muff delete with a sti tip I got off my old sti oem exhuast. She sounds nice good rumble at around 3-3300 rpm. It pops and cracks if I lift off the throttle and tap the gas a little. It sounds nice no rasp or rattles just would like there to be more pops and bangs without me having to tap the gas to do it. Pretty Ricer but I just love the sounds it makes.

·
Registered
2000, Impreza RS 2.5
75 Posts
Look into an UEL header ... it’s what you want, do not screw with the catalytic converter pipe unless you want to end up with a very RASPY sound... if you get a header I would recommend that you properly heat treat it , wrap it then seal it with hi temp silicon. There are plenty of guides on how to do so correctly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts