Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me why my car moves in first gear maybe like 6mph when I have the clutch on the floor and why it's super hard to shift into gears and why the car doesn't go into gear if you start the car in neutral i linked a video on whats happening i even pump the clutch a few times

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Yeah most likely he can adjust the clutch cable or bleed the clutch master and slave, depending on which model he has

·
Registered
34 Posts
Clutch fork definitely a good suggestion to check but will definitely need more details from OP and see what was checked to further narrow down what the potential issue may be.

·
Registered
04 WRX Wagon w/2.1 stroker, 02 WRX Wagon w/ V7 ej207, and 01 2.5 GF Wagon
18 Posts
can someone tell me why my car moves in first gear maybe like 6mph when I have the clutch on the floor and why it's super hard to shift into gears and why the car doesn't go into gear if you start the car in neutral i linked a video on whats happening i even pump the clutch a few times
Possible bad/broken clutch fork? These push cluch cars have notoriously bad clutch forks. The forks are made from crappy die cut/stamped steel metal. Sometimes the fork bends before it breaks so the clutch will kinda' work for a while but feel really weird & mushy before it completely stops working. Its especially bad in cars with upgraded pressure plates and 06 07 wrx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts