Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did find one thread about these tires but it was from 2 years ago and the person didnt have any performance driving reviews.
Anybody have any thoughts on these tires?

My buddy has them on his 1986 VW Jetta and he kicks ass at autox and all thats is done is tires and lowered. He loves the tires but he is getting slicks next year. Just wondering how these hold up on our AWD cars.

Plus, I can get all 4 for just under $220 because I work at a tire warehouse. WHOLESALE PRICES FTMFW!

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=233

·
Registered
99' RS silverthorn wingless
90 Posts
I've had a set for a couple years, they are much stickier than all seasons, the only thing I can compare them too. And the wear hasn't been bad at all, even with a couple autox events.
You might find more reviews in the motorsports forum on nasioc.

·
Registered
96' GF8
553 Posts
I ran them on my car all last season. I daily drove it and got more than 6000 track miles on them. They are a great bang for the buck tire. I've driven sticker tires but they were also twice the price. They will take quite a beating and don't get a greasy as fast as the Falken 615's.
My only complaint, they are kinda touchy about pressures. Too high or two low and they will start chunking up. Once you find the magic spot for your car they will stop.
-Jeff

·
Registered
GF8
938 Posts
I ran them on my car all last season. I daily drove it and got more than 6000 track miles on them. They are a great bang for the buck tire. I've driven sticker tires but they were also twice the price. They will take quite a beating and don't get a greasy as fast as the Falken 615's.
My only complaint, they are kinda touchy about pressures. Too high or two low and they will start chunking up. Once you find the magic spot for your car they will stop.
-Jeff
I agree 100%.
These tires re great for the price. The tire that I think is comparable is the Azenis 615, but like Jeff said the Falkens grease up a lot easier.

For $220, go for it and find out for yourself. I think you will fall in love with them.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I can get them cheaper than that......I currently have a $400 certificate for any tire in the Ventus line. I am taking offers on it too. PM me for more info.

I've been running them for about a year now and have nothing but good things to say. They are a great tire for the price.......If you happen to autocross nationally....they pay well too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.