Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had these for about 2 weeks now and all I can say is WOW. Granted I am use to all season tires, I came from the Goodyear Triple Treads, but these things are pretty sweet. they handle ten times better and make you feel like your one with the road. If you like me and just can't fork out the money for the RE-01's I think these are a good choice.

Plus the 225/45/16 looks great in my opinion. Definitely smaller but the width difference between stock makes up for it, I like the way they look. Plus seeing there smaller and my speedo runs a little faster, helps me stay away from a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
288 Posts
A pic of these would be nice. I am in need of some new tyres soon, and am looking for something a little cheaper than what I've only had. I love Pirelli's,(amazing tyres) but I do have a 2 month brand new house, 8 month baby and need to save a little $$. So how much did you pay for ure tyres?

·
Premium Member
2001 Impreza OBS
2,180 Posts
i run a 225/50/16 in the same tire and i love them. I paid $430 shipped/mounted/balanced and i have put prob. 25,000 miles on them and they have plenty of tread left. I am def. going to get me another set once these are worn out. HIGHLY recommend them!

-Thomas

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skully said:
i run a 225/50/16 in the same tire and i love them. I paid $430 shipped/mounted/balanced and i have put prob. 25,000 miles on them and they have plenty of tread left. I am def. going to get me another set once these are worn out. HIGHLY recommend them!

-Thomas
what kind of suspension you running with the 225/50/16. The reason I went with teh 45, I didnt want to deal with rubbing. I didnt want to roll the fenders, and I was worried about rubbing on the struts. It was worth going with the 45 just so I could steering away from any issues. Still interested to know what you are running, and if they rubbed? I am on P1/AGX's.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solitare said:
A pic of these would be nice. I am in need of some new tyres soon, and am looking for something a little cheaper than what I've only had. I love Pirelli's,(amazing tyres) but I do have a 2 month brand new house, 8 month baby and need to save a little $$. So how much did you pay for ure tyres?
Well in the end I only paied like a $150, but I sold me old tires for $400. 4 tires, full lifetime warranty, mounting, free balance and rotation, was a little over $550 at discount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what i know most Hankook tires are amazing. My uncle is a higher up for a tire distributor and he got Disney to switch to Hankooks for their stunt show cars, as they last twice as long as the previous brand. I will think about these when my oem tires wear down (which should be soon from what i hear)

·
Premium Member
2001 Impreza OBS
2,180 Posts
sorry for the delayed response.. Im on Prodrive WR suspension. It rubs a bit if i have a lot of weight in the car, or if i basically jump it over railroad tracks. Normal driving though.. doesnt rub at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts