Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza RS Sedona
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2001 RS, so far for suspension upgrades I have Tanabe GF210 springs, KYB AGX struts, FHI rear 20mm RSB, Heavy Duty RSB brackets, and Kartboy rear endlinks. I've noticed when taking corners kinda hard the car does not seem to be transplanted to the ground as firmly as I hoped, there is a lot of tire screech and wheel hop. I would like to take corners with confidence and have decent stability, "car on rails" feeling is what I'm looking for or something close. What else can I do to it to help with strengthening handling? Thanks

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
Also strut bar and a bigger fsb might help. I think the ones on the 01 rs are 19mm, upgrade to 20mm and call it a day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the FSB

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also strut bar and a bigger fsb might help. I think the ones on the 00 rs are 19mm, upgrade to 20mm and call it a day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the FSB
F&R strut bar or would just front suffice? So 20mm FSB should do it? Do you guys have peformance alignmnets?

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
F&R strut bars, a good alignment, and you may just have to mess with the settings on your agx's... also, what are you running for tire pressure?

· Registered
2012 Audi S4
2,560 Posts
i had very similar driving style and setup before this summer. The wheel hop that you describe is caused by flooring it around a corner....STOP IT. you only need to apply the throdle at the apex of any corner, wheel hop is caused by too many forces acting on the tire (ie acceleration/deceleration and friction caused by a simple turn), which will cause instability and really really slow you down

For the setup to get your car to have better response in the corners, you need to get a front sway bar (22mm) and please dont cheap out on these bars, and endlinks too. The cusco, whiteline, Tein, really do make a difference over FHI/stock. Its not only the size of the bar but the materials that the bars are composed of. The front strut bar will help your front turn in sharper, and help level your car through the corner, aswell soften bumps with aftermarket shocks/springs. and a rear strut will give you more body rigidity, of you dont have a really really stiff suspension from coilovers i really wouldnt worry about one.

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
And when you get the strut bars do your self a favor and save the money and go with the 45 dollar pair off ebay. No one has proved yet that the 200 dollars ones are 4 times better then those.

· Registered
2012 Audi S4
2,560 Posts
And when you get the strut bars do your self a favor and save the money and go with the 45 dollar pair off ebay. No one has proved yet that the 200 dollars ones are 4 times better then those.
well for one my Tein front strut was $135, and well it is far more advanced in design than just a solid piece of heavy steel.....ie the ones off ebay are exactly that a chunk of steel which are heavy and probably have less regidity than my Tein bar, which is hollow oval shaped and reinforced with dual columns......DONT CHEAP OUT

end rant, k im done now lol

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
F&R strut bars, a good alignment, and you may just have to mess with the settings on your agx's... also, what are you running for tire pressure?
Tire pressure I'm running what's recommended from the owners manual, IIRC 32 F and 29 R, too low?

i had very similar driving style and setup before this summer. The wheel hop that you describe is caused by flooring it around a corner....STOP IT. you only need to apply the throdle at the apex of any corner, wheel hop is caused by too many forces acting on the tire (ie acceleration/deceleration and friction caused by a simple turn), which will cause instability and really really slow you down

For the setup to get your car to have better response in the corners, you need to get a front sway bar (22mm) and please dont cheap out on these bars, and endlinks too. The cusco, whiteline, Tein, really do make a difference over FHI/stock. Its not only the size of the bar but the materials that the bars are composed of. The front strut bar will help your front turn in sharper, and help level your car through the corner, aswell soften bumps with aftermarket shocks/springs. and a rear strut will give you more body rigidity, of you dont have a really really stiff suspension from coilovers i really wouldnt worry about one.
Good information, I do tend to accelerate through the curve, I should probably invest in driving school :) So I'm looking at some strut bars and bigger sways, check.

Pick up some 225 series Falken Azenis RT-615's. You won't be dissapointed.
When my current tires wear out I plan in getting these, heard nothing but good things about about them, want to trade :D

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
well for one my Tein front strut was $135, and well it is far more advanced in design than just a solid piece of heavy steel.....ie the ones off ebay are exactly that a chunk of steel which are heavy and probably have less regidity than my Tein bar, which is hollow oval shaped and reinforced with dual columns......DONT CHEAP OUT

end rant, k im done now lol
Mine are also a hollow bar with dual bracing there are def. better designs on ebay and worse . but I still picked them up for 45 dollars NIB.

Tire preasures are def. to low. I run 42 front 38 rear and that seems to work well. I may increase it though the next race as I'm getting a lot of roll over on my kuhmo mx's.

· Registered
2012 Audi S4
2,560 Posts
Tire pressure I'm running what's recommended from the owners manual, IIRC 32 F and 29 R, too low?

Good information, I do tend to accelerate through the curve, I should probably invest in driving school :) So I'm looking at some strut bars and bigger sways, check.

yea i just took a driving school about two weeks ago....totally changed mydriving style already. They are a great investment

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.