Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Gunmetal Widebody 3.3RS
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of older posts for this area. Seems like a majority of mid Atlantic user are from md or nova area.

Just trying to see how many active users are down here and if anyone is interested in meeting up. I know there used to be suby meets at sonic in vb. Not sure who arranged them or if thy happen anymore. But id like to get to know some other subaru guys in the area.

·
Registered
1998 Subie Impreza 2.5RS (SRP)
88 Posts
im in hampton roads area. id meet up at sonic if anyone else came. got a buddy here with a 2004 wrx as well as my 1998 impreza 2.5rs.

·
Registered
97 Subaru Impreza L
6 Posts
I live in portsmouth, but i am stationed in kansas for the next year. i go to weekend meets everytime i go home. i will let yall know when i do and maybe we could meet if yall arnt busy.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS RBP
702 Posts
I'm in Chesapeake(Greenbrier area), which is in the area...there are a few others that I know of too, within Norfolk and VA beach too

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
25 Posts
Im in newport news if anybody wants to swing by and check the car out and show me common problems stuff like that I would more than appreciate it.

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs brp
25 Posts
Just wondering if anybody in our area has experince swapping motors out. I wanna put a wrx motor in my 200rs. I was wondering how much im looking at spending to have somebody do the swap and make the car 100% working order
so cost of parts labor and motor is gonna equal what ball park figure
also how long would it take

·
Registered
1999 Impreza OBS auto, 2.5 swapped 4.44 gears and a shift kit
36 Posts
Hey is this thread or do people still wanna meet up in va? I live in va beach and have a crappy 93 impreza but I don't care I would still love to meet up with some subie people cuz it's seems when I go to car meets the stupid ricers are always hating on subies!

·
Registered
2000 2.0 WRB ej207
117 Posts
ive seen your car, I get my haircut in that center. I drive the blue widebody rs coupe. live in norfolk also.

·
Registered
2000 2.0 WRB ej207
117 Posts
bringing the HR thread from the dead

lets get some responses in here people, i feel like the only GC when im at the meets.

·
Registered
1998 Subie Impreza 2.5RS (SRP)
88 Posts
There used to be a big group of us back in Q1 2011 when I was stationed in VA. Idk where everyone went to though now. We had about 20-30 of us meet up one night. I know a couple guys used to go to Freedom Car Wash in Virginia Beach on the weekend. Lots of ricers hung out there too though. And the V Dub guys hungout in the parking lot behind the car wash.

·
Registered
2000 2.0 WRB ej207
117 Posts
yeah, subaru overall in the area has dwindled down to about 15 people that meet up. but i see dozens of wrx/sti's throughout the day

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs Coupe
16 Posts
This thread needs to get going again. I'm a new member who just bought his first Subaru- a stock, one-owner 2.5rs coupe. I'm interested in meetups if anyone is still down, and isn't embarrassed by kicking it with someone with a stock car. It'll get little things later, but nothing too extreme.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza OBS auto, 2.5 swapped 4.44 gears and a shift kit
36 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm sayn haha I have a completely stock subie too lol but I donkt care still would like to get some type of a group going

1 - 20 of 45 Posts