Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 //// BRP 2.5RS coupe
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i drove from san jose to sacramento and there was huge traffic about 1 hr and 45 mins into the drive the clutch pedal started to become sticky and not come back up on its own what caused this?

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
bubbles in the clutch line, need of new clutch cylinder, fluid got hot. I say most likely need of new clutch cylinder, same would happen to me after driving in traffic. After i put a new clutch cylinder in and bled them it was all good.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im thinking its fluid got hot because it returned back to normal when i stopped and got it cooled off. but i guess ill check the clutch cylinder.

Literally felt like the longest drive of my life 10 mph all the way to sacramento from sf
only free moving about 10 mins away from sacramento.

had to drive with some clutchless shifting -.-

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah that was happening to me fairly often right after I had a new clutch kit put in...I didn't know what the hell was going on... Anyhoo, after a day or 2 it stopped happening altogether. Maybe it just needed time to settle in or something, I dunno. Did I break it?

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
sounds like one of the cylinders or your fluid just got super hot.

As long as your clutch isnt slipping you should be ok.

I drove my car from Philly to Richmond a few weeks ago, with my stg 3 clutch I thought my leg was gona fall off.

·
Registered
643 Posts
When i was doing my drivers license test i had the same thing, cooled off, was fine and never a problem 100,000 miles later

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it drives fine after it cooled down i just drove it back this morning less traffic no problem.
No slippage just a bitch to pop back out after depressing it in traffic =[

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
still the fact that it happened, i say you should at least bleed them, maybe with better fluid if you already haven't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts