Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay question for all of you that have gutted your cat. Did you have severe raspy sound on heavy throttle and right when you let off throttle??

We made sure nothing was left in the cats at all. I have stock headers, gutted cats, stromung midpipe, wrx muffler. Doesn't sound quite like I thought it would.

I got a resonator installed today to quiet the raspyness down some. It did quiet it a little yet is still apparent.

Thanks,
Buster

·
Registered
04 wrx wrb
158 Posts
Yeah....I hear the samething in my 01.....I though that there might have been a metal ring from the cat but it wasn't.......I guess I have grone a custom to it cuase I hardly notice it over the greddy now.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Get a track pipe made. I had one made for $100 and the cars pull is great now compared to with cats on. It has to be the meanest sounding Subaru with the Borla Headers and Stromung Catback.. I also drove 50 miles so far with no CEL :eek:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. :) I ended up getting a high flow cat put in behind the stock cat section, and a 90 degree bend where the cats were. Turned out pretty good if you ask me.

Buster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts