·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
Sweet, lucky you got his entire LP!

Time for a dashcams yeah?
Time for JDM rear bumper yeah?
Yeah luck was definitely on my side that day. Otherwise they never would've caught the guy and been able to get his insurance information.

Yup yup! Actually just sent payment for the bumper + spats + guards today to a user on here by the name of CL721! I'm excited to get it and have it re-painted then installed on the car.

Congrats on the FormFest Award! You deserve it with your amazing build
I appreciate that man! It's the first award the car has ever received, ironically enough out of state and with a damaged rear bumper!

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
As mentioned in my last post, I sent payment today for a JDM rear bumper skin + spats + guards! Luckily I was able to get a hold of a member on here to have it sent over as soon as possible for an awesome price! I can't wait to receive it and get it painted and installed.

In other news, I came across a rear lip/diffuser that I really really really want. It's an HT Autos piece but I don't believe they make it anymore. Which sucks, because I really really like it. I actually just emailed them a few minutes ago about it to see if it's something that's still available but not listed on their website.

I love the smooth transition to the rear and how minimal the design is. It's such a good flowing almost OEM looking item. I love it, and I want it.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts

not sure why this is a bit different though^
Dooo eeet :D definitely agree its the best looking diffuser to fit an OEM gc style bumper.
Your rear ends gonna be so much better with the JDM bumper! Luckily you stayed with the USDM bumper until now.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
^^ Yeah that's their 3-piece under bumper diffuser which they still have in stock.

I got a reply from them and they informed that they no longer make the rear diffuser lip, which I'm really bummed about. I really really really want it. At the moment I only know of one that actually exists and it's on a girls car in the UK. I want it, badly.

Until then I guess I'll just have to make due with my OEM STI diffuser and the OEM spats. Perhaps I'll paint my STI diffuser to match the bumper to make it stand out more.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 · (Edited)
So I had my buddy drop by the shop in the middle of last week to get some pictures of the progress on my car! Unfortunately I haven't had time to swing by myself and get some pictures. I would assume that by now my roof and trunk have also been sanded down and prepped for paint.

Smoothing both rear quarter panels and making that intense pull look not so intense! Or at least more factory looking which will be nice. (I asked them how much more it would be to shave the molding and fill the holes. Unfortunately it's a bit more than I want to spend so I opted not to do it.) They're also going to be painting both doors since they have to blend in to the next panel to ensure it matches. That means my entire car will now have been re-painted since I had the entire front end re-painted a couple years back.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 · (Edited)
And look what showed up on my doorstep Friday! I should be dropping it off at the shop tomorrow morning to have them sand it down and paint it. I will not be running the aeroguards since I've never really been a big fan of them. I'll probably be posting them up for sale here in a little bit.

The fairly minor scratches (minor considering it's going to get completely repainted anyway.)

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
So monday I dropped by the shop to leave my JDM bumper with them for paint! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I can't wait to get it back! Should be done tomorrow or Friday.

No more rust!

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 · (Edited)
Picked up the car yesterday from Elite! It looks super duper rad. So clean and shiny and new looking. I'll get some more detailed pictures later this week. There's some things that I like that they did, and some things that I wish were done differently, but I'll get in to that later this week.

Altogether here's what was done on the car:
  • Repair both quarter panels (smooth the flare and fill)
  • Paint both quarter panels
  • Paint both doors
  • Paint door moldings
  • Paint door handles
  • Repair scratched trunk
  • Repaint trunk
  • Repair roof rust (from wind deflector)
  • Paint roof
  • Replace bumper beam
  • Repair scratched JDM bumper
  • Repaint JDM bumper
  • Paint JDM spats
  • Paint-match STI diffuser

And the paint matched STI diffuser which I love.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,745 Posts
Mmmmm, much better with that bumper. :naughty:

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
My car was a truck yesterday! Finally stopped by the shop to pick up my old bumper, spats and the aero guards. Also had to talk to them about an issue that I ran in to when I popped the trunk. The passenger side roof molding popped up and it turns out a good portion of the rear clips are broken. They're gonna order new clips for me.

Also took the car to get detailed yesterday to prep for a video shoot that's happening this Saturday! This is by far the cleanest my car has ever been. Engine bay, interior and exterior fully detailed for a great price. I love how clean it is. Now just need to polish my lips!

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Whoa, paintmatched STi diffuser actually looks great!
What's up with the minor gap at the rear bumper? is it because the USDM bumper beam?

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Yeah I love how you can actually see it now. Plus it helps that my car is a metallic color (as opposed to blue, red, green or something like that).

I'm not sure honestly, I haven't really paid much attention to it.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
We did my video shoot on Saturday and it went pretty great! Unfortunately golden hour is pretty short so we had to work with the light that we had when we had it. I'm gonna take a few shots of my interior today since we kind of forgot to capture that.

I took some photos throughout the process.

TAILORED // DAAR's WRX Swapped RS by David Arellano, on Flickr

And from the detail session the other night.

·
Registered
EJ205'D STM RS
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Sooooo I did a thing. Oops. #rarewheels

Oh and the 5Zigen's are gone now. They didn't last very long.

641 - 660 of 691 Posts