Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was pretty fun. Was a "twinight" autocross.
I met DanzBorin and kaboom there, they were damn cool, let me bum a few rides! :D
Hopefully I will be entering in the next autocross with my car to race, it looks like a lot of fun.
If any other RS25.com guys are around the Houston area, you should come out to the next one! If you aren't going to race, you get to meet your fellow members, and bum rides in cool cars like me!

·
Registered
subbie
328 Posts
no problem with ride, it was sad that i got lost on the course though, i couldn't see shit, but with the later runs i improved finally getting down to 68.2 last run, started with the whopping 75.xxx

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, it's because my fat ass threw you off. All those extra 140 pounds really weighed you down. lol.
No, I saw a lot of people get lost on the course, same spot every time, pretty funny. A time of 68, that is damn good. One of my friends who drives a WRX didn't make it that low.

·
Registered
95 L Swap Sedan, 01 RS coupe, 05 STI
220 Posts
i had to settle with a 60.966.:happynow: owning jack is getting to be fun.:devil:

:sd:

·
Registered
I'M DEBT FREE!!
66 Posts
What did I miss?

Man, I wanted to be there. Didn't realize we had two parties to go to that day. Stupid 4th of July... :p

So how was the track? Did anyone pull an "Andres" and run with six fogs burning at once?! How late was everyone out there? I imagine the fourth run group was out pretty late.

Adam

·
Registered
95 L Swap Sedan, 01 RS coupe, 05 STI
220 Posts
i didn't stick around for the late night session. it was too damn hot during the day & it fried us all good. the afternoon session started at 4 and we were done by 6:45 or so. all the RSes were in the evening session so I don't know much about them other than Steven beat Forrest in STC.

It was a FAST course but the slalom on the back was rather upsetting to the rear of the car. It was on a crest and there was a pavement break which caused a nice bump!

·
Registered
I'M DEBT FREE!!
66 Posts
I was wondering how the heat treated you guys. The thing that ticked me off was that we spent most of the time outside at the party. After the sun set, it really wasn't too bad. Well, from a northwest side of Houston point of view, the humidity wasn't too bad. I finally said screw it, why am I sitting here sweating for nothing and went for a swim! :D

·
Registered
subbie
328 Posts
i enjoyed running at night, besides getting lost on the track the first run, run without lights was not a good suggestion, but i got down to a 68.2xx in rob's RS, he was in the 67s

·
Registered
102 Posts
67 and 68 are pretty good. I took a ride with a guy in a z06, and he got a 68 in that monster of a car. Once he learns how to drive he ought to get some great times.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We need to go back and run it.

Literally... With our feet.
:nuetron:

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Drinking would make walking a 1/4 mile strip hard. The curvey stuff should come natural...:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hah!
"the curvey stuff..." That is great.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also watch out, cause drinking then doing the course could result in :barf:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
or :bump:ing cones and lightpoles...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
kaboom said:
i thought they said alcohol is required before the race;)
Red flag is for Imminant metal to metal contact, not corner workers...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts