Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauging interest for Prova Eifel front lip GB (98-01RS)

My opinion of the best looking lip for the GC8. Not only has the entire kit been wind tunnel tested, but it looks shockingly nice. Personally I've been looking for the lip at a reasonable price for quite some time. Best price I could find is Aprx. $500 before shipping from vividracing.

So i've talked to a company and they are willing to do a GB for the front lips if there is enough interest. They are replicas and will be made of hand laid fiber glass. The cost is dependent on how many people we get, but it will definetely be under $200 b4 shipping.

Here are pics:

This is just to see if people are interested. Email me/post here so i could show em people r interested...

EDIT: GAUGE! not guage...=/

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
I love that lip. I may be interested (although I'm more willing to shell out the $$$ for the real thing).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks really nice but I thought fiberglass was a bad thing on parts that close to the ground? :confused:

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k, herez an update ;)

The company is H2 Motorsports.
They are known in the toronto impreza club since they had a shop there b4 moving to HK.

ok, & they told me this:

1) There must be a minimum of 5 lips purchased in order for the orders to even be shipped.

2) In order to get the group buy price there must be 10 lips or more purchased.

If 5-9 lips are purchased, the price is $170.

If 10+ lips are purchased, the price is $120!!!!

Those prices are of course without shipping.

There is no difference in the shipping charge for the company if they ship 5 pieces or 15 pieces, the more ppl in a GB, the cheaper the shipping! (These will be coming from HK)

$120 for this lip, I think that's pretty damn good...!! :eek:

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Did they give you any indication on turn around time once the order is recieved?

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
puckaveli said:
Did they give you any indication on turn around time once the order is recieved?
No, they didn't. But i was made aware that they have the lips in stock and they are ready to be shipped. I'm hoping around 2 weeks...but ill ask em..

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm shooting to have these out to everyone round mid-december, so everybody will be happy at Christmas ;)

Stay tuned...i'll have updates...

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, the lips will likely be $180 shipped(within the continental US) since we got 16-17 people really interested.

H2 doesn't have time to coordinate the GB so looks like you all will have the pleasure to deal with me ;). I'm currently in the process of getting all my info to RS25.com, once that's all cleared up I think we're good to go on the GB.

Uhhhhhm yea..stay tuned.

:bot:

·
Registered
35 Posts
lower lip

:checkit: i would buy one and i could probably get my club to buy them for there GC8's ....... could that also be made to fit the new wrx bidy style also.....

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
PM'd u..

...wat happened to all the people interested? please people, post concerns...besides it being fiberglass..=)

my friend owns a body shop....i could have it prepped, painted, and fitted for our cars 4 a really reasonable price if that's wat is worrying you guys.....

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea...with this the lip you just gotta be a little more careful and drive like you have a slightly lowered car..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts