Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the word on these? Any good? I'm looking for a good suspension set up, but nothing spectacular. I plan to go to the occassional autocross, and want to be able to adjust my ride height. I've got a 20mm rear sway bar, front strut bar, and rear strut brace and anti-lift kit are next on my list. Full coilovers aren't exactly within my price range, so I was wondering if these are worth it.

Also, does anyone know if they'd work with V6 struts? If so, which version? THe ones meant to fit the stock struts, or the ones for KYB AGX struts?

How dot he KYB compare to the Sti struts?

Sorry, lots of questions. Thanks for any help. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
For the cheapest "good" setup, go with the AGXs and the Eibach Prokits. Truthfully, I think that the GroundControls are not made up to snuff.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grubaru said:
For the cheapest "good" setup, go with the AGXs and the Eibach Prokits. Truthfully, I think that the GroundControls are not made up to snuff.
guess i should have mentioned i need to have height adjustment. Living in Montana, I really need stock height in the winter... but I'd like to ride a bit lower in the summer.

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
Thead said:
guess i should have mentioned i need to have height adjustment. Living in Montana, I really need stock height in the winter... but I'd like to ride a bit lower in the summer.
Build up a second set of suspension, struts, springs, dust boots, top hats, etc. and then just swap assemblies between the season, that's what I did in my RS.

Jon

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Thead said:
Just remember you'll have to get an alignment...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts