Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to get my intake manifold port and polished but was afraid to do it myself. I was pointed in GrimmSpeed's direction by a member on here. I visited their website and found the service for $100 plus shipping costs ($140 total). I thought it was a fairly reasonable price, so I sent my manifold out that week.

Before the manifold was sent to be serviced, I received an email from Justin. Apparently, there was some sort of miscommunication with the servicing, and I had to send more money because I failed to remove the fuel lines and injectors. I replied back to Justin, explaining that there had been no such instructions listed on their website, nor was there any mention of it when I had called them. Had I known I was to completely disassemble all parts, I would have done so myself to save them the aggravation and spare myself the money. I admitted partial fault and sent the money anyway. Shortly after, Justin refunded my money and also claimed partial fault for not informing their customers of their duties before sending in the manifold.

I received my manifold in a timely manner and got around to installing it yesterday. I should have taken pictures to share with you guys, but I didn't think of it at time. I was impressed with the work that GrimmSpeed performed on the manifold. The whole thing came back cleaner than my Mother's kitchen floor, and the runners (?) were as smooth as glass.

Driving impressions:

From the start, the engine seems to breathe a lot better through the whole range of the RPMs... from idle to redline. The acceleration is ridiculously smooth... I've never felt an N/A 2.5 accelerate with such grace like this before, it's quite amazing. I did feel a difference in the acceleration, but it was negligible and I doubt it's worthy of hp numbers (+5, +10 etc).

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend GrimmSpeed for porting and polishing work of any kind. Their customer service and communication skills were fantastic. Justin and I were able to work out the issue at hand, and I received a product which I am very happy with. If their prices stay as is and I had to do it again, I definitely wouldn't hesitate. :)

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: I can't believe they increased it.. probably did so after seeing the positive feedback from here.

Oops.

:run:

I'd still do it though. The results were great, especially for us N/A guys who don't have many options as far as modifications go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.