Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Im thinking about getting the Version 6 grill, but before I buy one off my friend, i wanted to see all the other options for my car just to make sure the ver6 is the one I want. So if you guys can show me pics of your grills and give me sites where I can see different grill that would be awsome! Thanks in advance.
Dan

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks very nice actually! I like what you did, but im dying to find a nice aftermarket grill for my car, I just havent seen them all so I cant decide.
Dan

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5 RS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thnaks guys! The DIY grills look really good. Im stuck between two very different grills right now, the V5/6 grill and the cwest grill. Heres a pic of my car:

Attachments

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
dcoty, thanks

magicmt, the DIY grill was actually quite easy. I hacked out the x-hatch plastic like everyone else and removed the badge supports and thought it needed something so I made a semi-circular opening in the bottom of the "inside" part (<-- confusing, sorry) and flush fit the badge surround/mount. To keep it in place I took Marine Epoxy (the Play-Doh looking stuff you get at any auto parts store, Wal-Mart, etc) and filled it in. When everything was set I sanded (not anywhere near enough, just to get things going) and spray painted everything down with the best white I had at the time (need to repaint, the white is too dark). hmmm, lets see... that's about it. Oh, the badge is DIY also using a pink acrylic hobby paint and the mesh is actually nylon window screen (yup, window screen!) that I put in there temporarily and its now 8 mos later hehehe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts