Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 PSM 2.5RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen green residue in intake port runners before? It's the same color as coolant so I'm concerned there's a leak somewhere.

The obvious leak would be the TB coolant loop, but I don't see any leaks there.

Runners:

Intake Manifold:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,030 Posts
Definitely a coolant leak. Id take apart the throttle body and make sure everything is kosher in there, but if thats not it, youve got bigger issues.

·
Registered
2005 PSM 2.5RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't find any fault with the throttle body. Blocked off one port, filled with coolant and blew air in. No leaks apparent. The butterfly valve has only black on it, no green.

This may provide a clue. The plenum has more green on the bottom than the top, which just happens to be where the PCV vents to (#1 & #4).

I've had a catch can on the PCV line for the last few thousand miles though and never seen any coolant in it, just oil.

All 4 heads show green on the intake ports though.

Runners for #2 & #3:

Runners for #1 & #4:

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I'm going to say it's more likely to be residue from fuel additives (especially if you frequently buy from the same brand).

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
I would say fuel, I had to clean the jets on my old bike and it was clogged up with green calcium looking stuff which was build up from fuel.

·
Registered
2005 PSM 2.5RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it was just a combination of blow-by oil and my LED flashlight giving it a green tint.

Of course the engine is still knocking pretty bad, so maybe it's a clue to something...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts