Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these two parts from www.partsexpress.com. I think it's a greate deal, especially on the LCD. Check it out!

#205-400
List Price: $428.00 EA
Our Price: $288.80 EA
Special: $150.00 EA

#205-215
Our Price: $49.95 EA

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Holy SMOKE! $150 for the LCD - You gotta tell me how good it is and maybe I'll get one just for the heck of it! I practically don't even have a car at this point, but who cares!

-J

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the LCD already but I am currently at Hong Kong so I don't have it with me. I'll be back on the 17th of September, if I can get back into the States that is. I'll let you know!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the LCD looks darn nice! :D Now I just need to find a good mounting spot. The good thing is, it's easy to remove to prevent brake-ins... If you want some pics let me know...

Leo

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Pics? Who DOESN'T want pics? Post away... The attachments thing is not working on the board so you'll have to link to them. Email them to me if you need to and I can post them in my /graphics folder for you.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Dude, are you running that VCR and camera in your car? That is COOL! Do they all run on 12v or do you have a converter?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
every thing except for the VCR is runing 12v. I am still thinking where I am going to put them first. But I most likely going to have some kind of converter... Well, at least i have all the parts now. I know I could have just gotten a camcorder but this way is cheaper and I could watch just about anything in the future!

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
Cheap is good. You could probably mount the VCR in the trunk under the parcel tray (unless you have speakers that have big magnets which could screw up the tape) or along the side like a CD changer. And you could probably mount a converter in the trunk somewhere as well. Then everything is all out of site except for the camera and the screen.

You are bad - now you are giving me ideas and I want to do it, too! :D

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that sounds good! by the way, I am going to have the LCD and camera removable. I think I am going to put the LCD inside the center compartment and the camera at where you could manually close/open the sunroof. we'll see, I am still adjusting to school right now, so don't have much time with the car. But next week will be a different story. :D hopefully I'll have the TCU then... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts