Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ps2 for christmas and all's i have to say is they've put alot of work into that game.....backgrounds and all, i never really played gt2 but gt3 has more than made up.

And the immpreza LM car even thought it's a WRX that car is pretty cool(900 something hp)....that Ford Falcon is a complete rip off for 1,500,000 my roomate played it for about 5 hours the other night to be only dissapointed.

And the controls are all touch sensitive that's pretty cool also. I just wish there where more tracks and not so many old ones? But i guess that gives more reason to make gt4

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seen the last bunch of races looked like it was an open wheeled car, when do you get them is what i'm wondering?

·
Registered
77 Posts
that f1 crap is pissing me off. my freind got each car on his second race, he has them all. ive raced the superspeed way endurance 8 friggin times and the seattle endurance 2 times, and still no friggin f1. im gonna go postal i swear to christ.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
not convinced yet.

I played at my sis's for about 3hrs on Xmas day and I wasn't impressed. 'course, my ultraracer controller didn't work w/it, so I was using a regular controller. I didn't feel that the rez or game feel was much better than GT2. Not enough to warrant getting a PS2 anyway. I certainly didn't like the re-use of alot of the old tracks. What fun is there in THAT? I'll admit that I was also in arcade mode so that may have something to do with it. It did give me the urge to go back and dust off my memory card and do some GT2 racing. I realized I didn't own ANY scoobs! so I went and got a 96 WRX (to match my car) and a 22b. I'll hold onto the Unisia-Jecs Skyline (since they make our TB's) but I'll concentrate on running the 22b and test out some setups. Who's got patches to make hybrid cars? I think I'd like to try that too. BTW, I got a couple modchips left for the regular PSX. Pre-wired for $10ea. if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
250 Posts
GT2 has some good points that I wish GT3 had, like taking a regular car and race with it and buy a racing mod/scheme for them. GT3 has less cars, but who needs 30 versions of the Skyline? I miss the Pikes Peak course, but new and redone old courses are awesome. Cote D'Azur is a pain! The AI is better also, just try racing the Vitz in professional league.

Hint:
During a series race, if you have an 11 point lead before the last , save it, then enter and exit the last race and get the prize car. If you don't like it reload.

?????
Has anyone used the I-link? I would like to do some 4 way rally racing.

:chomp:

·
Registered
95 Posts
you have to have 4 PS2's and 4 TV's. I've done it with 2 people..good time, but you can't use your garage, and there aren't any replays available.

·
Registered
143 Posts
NO GARAGE?! WHAT?!??!?!?

You mean... I can't use my Sylvia, with 2 degrees toe out.. sliding through every corner.. and still beating my friend's Camaro SS? Stock cars only?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do they have the silvia like the one on gt1 i think it was green now that was a bad car you could beat almost anything in that car

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
:drool: You guys want to drive a real car? Get the Escudo Pikes Peak car, then put a huge turbo on it. I got mine to do 332mph at the test track after quite a bit of tweaking. Smoked all 4 tires up to 300 mph. Now that is a fast car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok i just played the Grand Valley endurance race and got a impreza Lm car now that's a rip off i got that car about 20 races ago......what races do you get the formula 1 cars i have one but aren't there more?

·
Registered
190 Posts
The place that maintains my Impreza has a PS2 with steering wheel and pedals in its waiting room! :D All I've done there(I have a PS2/GT3 at home w/o Steering wheel and pedals:( ) is the arcade version of the rally race, but I beat the computer on my first try! Great way to wait for your car! :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
escudo

Wheelie and Max Speed:
The escudo has 1824 horsepower when fully upgraded. I have reached a speed of 958.7 miles per hour. To do this set the final gear at zero then take the auto set up down and back up. (when this is done it increases the gear by about twice as much) Take the final back up but not too much in order to get speed faster. Take the downforce front min. and back max. spring rate min on front and back and same with ride height. The TCS and the ATC should be zero. Your car will pull a wheelie and you will hall balls.

GT 3 site

happy driving

BW

1 - 20 of 20 Posts