Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
01 rs coupe
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed from Eq tuning (based in the bay area)was in vegas, we did a road tune.

started with 112 whps at 5500 ended with 121whp at 6350. torque was pushed left on the scale to peak at 124ft/lbs around 4000 rpms, the old peak was a little higher.

a shift at peak hp now drops me right into peak torque. there's some siginficant pull.

i've got an injen cai, borla headers, and a custom 2.25" catback. Ed could probably email the new map to anyone with a similar setup for a flash.

its a great improvement over stock, also over the rallitek pp6 - there's more pull than the pp6, and the engine runs soooo much smoother.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
stock redline lifted? i thought it was 6250 on the EJ25?

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Definitely give us more info. What kind of open source software was used?

·
Registered
V4 Sti BRP, 98LGT SP, 94SVX PW
731 Posts
Only newer RS ecu's can use Opensource.
Unless someone found otherwise?
I Speed uses software from a company out of the UK who I think are no longer around ):
If you have a phase 1 RS ecu then you can purchase plug and play Eproms.
They can be found on Ebay UK easily.
To check your ECu just take it out. Pop the top and see if there is an empty slot.
If so. Wolla.

·
Registered
01 rs coupe
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
more info :)

the tuning was done using a combination of rom-raider, RoadDyno, and ecuexplorer, iirc.

there is one hf cat in the exhaust.

stock redline was shifted to 6500rpms

i'm not sure where in the bar area, but its Equilibream Tuning, look em up - there are threads on Flat4lv.com

the car is a saab 9-2x linear = impreza TS 2.5i

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
I have a 2001 RS... :( I want opensource tuning ability :(

·
Registered
01 rs coupe
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome! I'm sure it would too, but just to be sure... If it will, would you email it to me?
i dont' have teh map, i'd have to get it from the tuner, who may not want to give it up for free. it took 4 hours and $400 to make.

do you have an intake and headers?

also, you're not far from the bay area, maybe he could tune your setup - it would be a lot easier than mytune - now he has a map to work off.

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs Dark Blue
102 Posts
yeah thats a good point. What's his name and what company is it? Can I have his contact info? Thanks dude

Yeah I have injen CAI, borla replicas, stromung trackpipe, stromung catback on the way. Did you have to pay him $400 to tune it? Thats why I was interested in just the map... Haha. I'd like to open source tune, maybe just pay someone for a map too... Thats pretty cheap, if I can find someone with a map willing to sell it. If you do talk to your tuner again, would you ask him if he would be willing to share/sell it?

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
You can get open source tuned, or go with an I-Speed reflash.
No I can't. All I have been able to do is log and shit. I can't read maps off the ECU or write to it...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts