Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
07 wrx
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haas anyone ever put a grounding kit on there car my friend did it with his lexus and loves it? and also if anyone has turbod their car? did you have to do any like piston or rods? thanks guys

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've got a grounding kit and have seen absolutely no improvement in anything including the intensity of the lights or anything on the volts gauge. Its like a front strut bar on a Impreza. Basically just for looks. For low boost you don't have to change the internals of the motor. Just make sure you have a good fuel and timing management system. Go with a standalone if you can like the Haltech, TEC or Link2.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
N/A said:
I've got a grounding kit and have seen absolutely no improvement in anything including the intensity of the lights or anything on the volts gauge. Its like a front strut bar on a Impreza. Basically just for looks. For low boost you don't have to change the internals of the motor. Just make sure you have a good fuel and timing management system. Go with a standalone if you can like the Haltech, TEC or Link2.
somebody else who feels this way... finally...

I have seen one dynotested... they actually reported a .25hp increase :lol: Hmm... that couldn't have just been a slight fluctuation... lets sell these as a modern miracle...:roflmao:

It's cheap thought buy some wire and ring connectors and go to town... Just please do not buy a kit for like $100...:(

·
Registered
646 Posts
Go in together with a friend and buy a set of jumper cables. Then use the jumper cable cut into pieces (and seperated into two long runs obviously) and some connectors from RadioShat and your basically done. I have a friend who made his own out of a set of jumper cables from a wrecked car.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
It works...absolutely positively definitely. All I'm going to say is my car use to have a flat spot ~4500rpm, like it was choking. It disappeared immediately after the mod and now pulls smoother to redline.

It's not a hp mod, it's more a driveability mod.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I noticed nothing anywhere in the rpm range. I could see if maybe it smoothed out the idle or helped the alternator a little but as of yet I haven't seen anything from it.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
it's most likely a false butt dyno reading associated w/ an ECU reset...

You can always make thing a bit zippier by resetting the ECU... I just did it last night (dang old battery died)... It was more fun and felt stronger, but in the next few days it will slowly relearn...

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
If you visit many Subaru boards there is a predominant thumb's-up re the grounding mod. Like here, there are also few who have reported there was no difference or after a while the car returned to it's old ways.

The only way to find out if it will work for you is to "JUST DO IT", total cost $3-$8 and an hour of your precious time, it might work, it might not. Also important is how it's done and how many wires used.

It would also be helpful, (since we are here to help each other), if there was no reference to hp gains, buttometers, and dynos, because neither apply. "IF" it works the car will ONLY drive smoother.

Also consider NOT resetting the ECU after each mod to see if the mod is really effective in the long run.

I personally recall NOT resetting after my catback, Denso plugs/Magnacore, lightened pulley, Amsoil panel filter, grounding mod, cold air intake, and Borla header.
I DID reset back when I had the Turn 3 intake, installing a fuel filter<safety>, and the S-AFC. I make it a habit not to reset after mods...that works for me. The S-AFC is still in the glovebox, still hooked-up, but it's been zeroed out for 2+ year now. Until I get a EGT I'm not going to mess with it, for now it's $265 wasted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts