Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Well thinking i did anyway. Maybe you guys can help. I bought a thule from a member on here(not saying who it is because il give him time to PM me back obviously) Now when i went to put it on today it seems to me that the load bars are way to short. Also even looks like they were cut! What do you think? All the other end are kinda straight, this one is uneven.

That is the back load bar. Its about 3" shorter then the front one. Even the front one does not line up tho. I looked through the roof rack picture thread and from what i can tell people still have excess bar hanging out of the foot pack. Not me

Ahhhhhh im not sure but i think the bar was cut and not even for my vehicle. :run:

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea but the bar is almost falling through the other end. The cap wont fit that way.

Also that's just sitting flush once you try and attach them with the fit kit it pulls each side down a bit. The bar is way to short.

·
Registered
98 Black RS & 09 White FXT
261 Posts
Well youre also missing the part where you tell us what kind of communication you had with the seller; that'll be a huge help in determining if it was a fair sale.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well youre also missing the part where you tell us what kind of communication you had with the seller; that'll be a huge help in determining if it was a fair sale.
Thread was not put up about the seller really that's why its in other topics, not member scams. Once I get a pm back from him il tell more.

I put this thread up cuz I wanted to see if you guys thought it was cut/too short. Once I get a pm back from him il discuss that.

·
10 years in the game
'14 BRZ SWP ltd
1,385 Posts
So this is the second rack you have bought now that doesn't work for you? You are not having good luck on the whole rack thing.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
Thread was not put up about the seller really that's why its in other topics, not member scams. Once I get a pm back from him il tell more.

I put this thread up cuz I wanted to see if you guys thought it was cut/too short. Once I get a pm back from him il discuss that.
Read your thread title dude.

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
Yes clearly its been cut very poorly and I think I know who you got it from.

Did he have it on a coupe?

check on your local craiglist, even if their super long, cut em and put caps on the end

Edit: yikes, that sucks you spent so much. I feel your pain, I bought a full Yakima setup before my awesome OEM kit

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this is the second rack you have bought now that doesn't work for you? You are not having good luck on the whole rack thing.
No its the same one. Just when i bought it from him there was no footpack/fit kit.
did he have any pics of it on the car? Curious to see how he had it setup
No he did not. Just the pictures of the rack.
Read your thread title dude.
That is so i dont have to start a new thread if he does not respond, the mods can just move this to member scams.
Looks like it's been cut... They did a shitty hack job. I hope you didn't spend too much on this... sucks.
I spent 220 on the rack, plus whatever the footpack and fit kit are.

In total it was like $365 IIRC

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes clearly its been cut very poorly and I think I know who you got it from.

Did he have it on a coupe?

check on your local craiglist, even if their super long, cut em and put caps on the end

Edit: yikes, that sucks you spent so much. I feel your pain, I bought a full Yakima setup before my awesome OEM kit
Actually i dont think he even had it on a impreza thats why there was no footpack. IIRC he actually said he had it on a civic but never stated that it would not fit a impreza. It most likely would have fit before he cut the bar.

Definitely cut...If you need measurements from my Thule stuff, let me know! I have square bars and old style footpack.
Could you do that? That would be great!
sucks man, well I have those OG bars if you want them. Ill sell them cheap :)
Hmmm il PM you :lol:

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He said this in my one thread

I have a set of cross bars, two ski/snowboard racks, and front fairing, basically a whole setup, but the footpack was from my old civic. Decided not to put it on my car. It will need to be shipped though... PM me if interested. Thanks

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea i saw that too. He was a nice guy and everything though. He called me and we talked about shipping and some of his other things so im not doubting him just yet.

He was gonna sell me RS headlights for $100, and said he would give me a deal on his MRT scoop. He seems like a real good guy. Just something doesn't add up...

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea he should have said that. I mean i figured it would fit. Why else sell it on rs25 and it being for a civic :confused:

I just would like him to pay for new bars. I hear there not much. I dont want my $ back or anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.