Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got it for $75. Not a bad deal, but the guy said it came with a K&N filter, which it didn't, the support bracket was left out, and one screw was missing!:curse: Other than that, I had to get some new hose to connect everything, but I got it installed and I sounds awesome! It feels faster, but that might only be because I want it to! :D Special thanks goes to bensonwrx for having the digital camera and taking the pics! :)

Attachments

H

·
0 Posts
How funny is that? Old impreza, new ram (well not brand new, but fairly new anyway).
I've got an old Ram and a new impreza. :D

That intake looks neat. I like the blue.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I have no other affiliation with that truck except that I parked next to it! I went over to bensonwrx's place to chit-chat and he took some pics. I made a bracket out of a piece of flat aluminum stock I had-I'll hopefully get some pics of it on Thursday. I didn't even realize how filthy it is under the hood!:run:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got some pics of the bracket I made now. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Damn, Darrell...it looks like MY car except in red! I have those exact lights but they're still in the box waiting to get mounted!

What plug wires do you have?

I put the small breather on at the source of that hose instead of hanging it next to the cone filter.

I also removed the whole snorkus box from the fender.

Looks great BTW!

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after all the trouble I went to to make the bracket for the bigger hose with the separate breather, it's staying put!:) I got the lights at Meijer and although they didn't look too bad, they didn't work too well! Of course, having hyper white bulbs in there probably didn't help! I did my front bumper conversion, so that bumper is sitting in my girlfriend's basement now! I kind of like the blue theme under the hood-it seems to accent the burgundy nicely, to me. I will post a pic of the new front. The wires are Bosch-they are supposedly OE exact replacements. They were $34.99 from AutoZone, where I work, and they came in red. If you look closely at the last two pics, you can see the snorkus is now gone! That thing is goofy looking!

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a decent pic of the front end. The blue RS is bensonwrx's car. I will get some more pics of the whole thing soon and post them in the RS Gallery. Or would it be wannabe-RS gallery or sorry ass L gallery?:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guy said it came with a K&N filter, which it didn't
It's actually just an imitation, but I think I like it better because the top is not completely capped off like a K&N.
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts