Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh,
I got a new Blitz filter, and my rear strut bar arrived earlier in the week. Installed both on Saturday morning.

The strut bar was a biatch, I ended up taking the whole back seat out, then the side panels in the back, and the seat belts, just so I could to the strut tops....DOH, and I am pretty sure it was about 200 degrees out at the time. Sunroof and windows were down, no damn breeze, and I was hot. Oh well, at least its done with.

Next stop, painting side skirts, install my Version 6 lip, ans MRO Scooby Styling spats. Anyone recommend paint shops in this area (NOVA babeee...ownz joo)

Justin

·
Registered
120 Posts
you get them painted and on yet???

go to D&V in Chantilly if you have'nt... they are behind the sheetz off of rt50

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
and that reminds me why i still have my cusco rear strut tower sitting at home. haha, too lazy to god damn install that thing.

jz

·
Registered
120 Posts
well if you did'nt live in SF, than I'd put it in for you.... :lol:

man.. you guys bitch to much, try 32 hours on your back underneath your car with a cut-off tool and a welder, putting the turbo in, pulling the turbo back out... and now, I gotta swap motors... fun! ;) :lol: just messin' with you guys.. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not painted or installed yet. I'm not really into the "unpainted, installed body kit" look :D The spats are on route from England right now. i test fitted my version 6 lip and it looks like crap. I think I will be selling and getting something else.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Justin- I'll trade you for a 3piece Justin lip... :rolleyes: ;)
how much are you selling it for??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably about $100, I paid $140 (without shipping). It's just not what i wanted. The piece is fiberglass still in wrapping and original box. Let me know.

What do you mean 3 piece Justin Lip, did you break it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
umm... uhhh... no... I just.. uh... made it a three piece lip.. thats all... :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes... I know.... :(
I still never got to see the box that it came in.. cause most people say the box is cooler than the lip :)

I can probably Epoxy this lip back together... I know Brian(SilverSube01) did that to his... about 12 times so far... hehe...

I am almost looking into getting the Carbon Fiber P1 replica lip that Imprezer is selling. I heard it has the best fitment out any lip available, replica or real....
I think its going for $300 though.. but the cost of a ver6 plus getting it painted is near that...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually thinking of getting the same lip, but wasnt sure how a carbon lip would look with painted sideskirts and the painted spats I am getting. It might actually look kinda cool, but we'll see. Is Imprezer selling it yet, or are they still making them?

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS 2Dr BRP
61 Posts
Hey All We'll Drive,

when you get that stuff painted, please post up the bodyshop and the quality of their work.

I have a p1 lip that I want to get installed and painted as well as have some small dents and scratches removed.

thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Richie went to this place in Lorton VA called Percision Collision. He is the bitchiest person i knwo when it comes to the care of his car. And he said that they do really good work. There pricing was pretty good too. Just another option.
Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yo what up!

I can probably Epoxy this lip back together... I know Brian(SilverSube01) did that to his... about 12 times so far... hehe...
Actually, it's 3 times now. Like I said, all you need is a Plastic-Weld epoxy that is sold at Pep Boys, some good tape, and some sand paper.

Heck, give it to me for free! That way, I could have a spare lip for when I need to repair the other!:D

Actually, I've become a pro at fixing that thing, I think I've got it down to about a 3 hour turn-around painted and all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts