Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Got My Dream Chassis!

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Jake_armea99 
#1 ·
Hi guys! New to the Subaru GC family but not new to the Subaru Family! Last year I bought my first STI built it up and last week I just bought my first 1998 Subaru Impreza L Coupe with 0 rust as it came from a local who had it shipped from California and garage kept it! Cant wait to build the dream chassis I’ve been dying for. :)
Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Cloud Tire

See less See more
#6 ·
wow that is minty.

what's your plans for it?
I definitely want to swap and have been doing so much research on doing it but I think at the end of the day I'm going to try and get a donor car for it instead of finding bits and pieces. It's just less of a hassle. My tuner told me to just use my '16 STI as the donor but I kinda want to just keep that car because it has all the bells and whistles this 90's car cannot compete with for a daily lol

#13 ·
Yeah an 07 will swap over and doesn't have canbus. Just make sure you got keys because 05+(maybe 04 too) sti's have immobilizer and won't start without the key near by; most people will tape a key to the immobilizer or carry both keys. You'll need the gas pedal as well since it's DBW and not a cable throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.