Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
white 1999 2.5rs
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back after having the tranny rebuilt. I put grp-n engine and tranny mounts, street light flywheel, jdm sti clutch, cusco center diff and sti type ra front diff.

I'm really looking forward to the cusco center diff I hope it will help me get the ass out more and handle a little bit more like a rwd car.

Thanks, just wanted to let every one know. so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Nice! whats powerin' this tranny?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Do you have the rear lsd 1.5way? If you want to get back end out more you should really think about getting rear lsd. Cusco and Kaaz makes good ones.

·
Registered
white 1999 2.5rs
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it's not a sawp or turbo. I'm still rocking the good old stock 2.5 liter engine, although I do have a borla header and a cat-back.

The only reason I got them is because for both diff I only payed a grand and the tranny was already apart. I am a little dissapointed because I don't have a rear lsd yet and when the inside rear tire gets light it spins and exit speeds drop. But, I knew something like this was going to happen, I just wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic.

I will be getting the cusco 1.5 lsd soon though. I'm still happy with the direction this set-up will be taking me after I get that one last bit of the puzzle, the lsd.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Very nice. That center differential would help out alot. I need to get a center differential and also a 1.5way lsd. I could really use it for autocross.

Here's my front tire lifting.

·
Registered
white 1999 2.5rs
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey trix what all ya done to your suspension? Cause it does look like you need a bigger front bar.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
kyb agx struts with tein s.tech springs
perrin 25mm rear sway bar
CF sti front strut bar

I have cusco coilovers that need to be installed. Hopefully that should be stiff enough to eliminate the body roll. I really want to get a 1.5way lsd next.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Where'd you find the deal on the diff? I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a deal like this!!!!
Sorry it's not a sawp or turbo. I'm still rocking the good old stock 2.5 liter engine, although I do have a borla header and a cat-back.

The only reason I got them is because for both diff I only payed a grand and the tranny was already apart. I am a little dissapointed because I don't have a rear lsd yet and when the inside rear tire gets light it spins and exit speeds drop. But, I knew something like this was going to happen, I just wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic.

I will be getting the cusco 1.5 lsd soon though. I'm still happy with the direction this set-up will be taking me after I get that one last bit of the puzzle, the lsd.

·
Registered
white 1999 2.5rs
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The shop I take my car too, pacific import auto had them. They were used, the person who got rid of them was upgrading to a 6mt and I couldn't pass up the deal.

·
Vrooom?
98 Subaru 2.5RS Brilliant Red
903 Posts
Doesn't a center diff promote understeer under tight cornering? If anything I would say a rear LSD will help you get the ass around than a center diff.

·
Registered
94LSwagonswap OL WRX and
2,411 Posts
Why get the Cusco piece? The Kaaz is way better for performance reasons. Kaaz is also cheaper than the Cusco piece.

Upgraded center diffs will help to promote a lil understeer under tight cornering like that in auto-x. Track days it will help transer the power quicker front to rear.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
How about you buy me one. We can have like a rs25.com christmas exchange or something.
Sure thing. I'll get you a big WL front bar like mine, then you can get me some WL HD swaybar brackets.

srsly, get the bar first, it's cheap, you'll kick yourself for not having done it earlier.

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Congrats on the Cusco center. I had to get rid of mine because I was smoking the rear (rcomp) tires on exits.
I did rather enjoy the predictability of the car though. :)

·
Registered
white 1999 2.5rs
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wedge did you have a rear lsd or was it just the stock open one. Hey trix go get the tribeca front sway it's hugh, like 25mm and chaeper than the WL one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts