Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
07 Civic SI / 97 Miata M
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, so just from what I can tell the person who owned my Subaru did the bare minimum for maintenance.

So transmission fluid, 4.3 quarts? Motul 300 fluid?

Engine oil, 10w 30, 4 quarts?

Power steering fluid, oem fluid? Do I need the dealership for this one? How much?

Brake fluid? I think I am going with the Super-Blue racing brake fluid.

What do you guys do for radiator?

Also, I think my drum brakes are causing a loud noise in the back. Just go with whatever brake shoes?

Also, motor and tranny mounts are worn out, any suggestions? I auto-x the car.

I realize this is a lot of questions, so if you can only answer one or two that is fine. A little help goes a long way!

-Michael :cool:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
All the fluids look fine, at the dealer we used subaru anitfreeze for the coolant, but we usually do flushes but i forget how much it takes. Trans and Engine oil are fine. Make sure the super blue brake stuff isnt full synthetic or itll mess with your system. Check the springs and retainers whendoing the drums, we see those broken all the time. For Auto -x mounts, group-N i belive is good, maybe a GC guru will chime in about those, but your looking good.

·
Registered
07 Civic SI / 97 Miata M
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Banseeboy. Do you work at a Subaru dealership?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
not sure, for the PS, we had a machine pump it. For the trannys as well. I think the manuals take very little fluid like 3.7 or 3.8 quarts, dont put all 4 in or it will mess everything up, but i i know you have to take out the dipstick on the lower pass side of the trans, then theres a plug, should be 17mm on the trans, just crack that and watch it flow. If its 05 or 06+ theres a monster torx there thats real hard to find the bit for. But make sure you take out the dipstick or it will flow slow and all of it wont come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts