Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
silverthorn RS coupe
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up to New York City this friday. I'll be staying till wen. Anybody have any sugestions about what to do about parking. I'll be staying with my wifes cusin in manhatten. I've heard that there are parking decks, but they run around $30 a day.
What do you think I should do?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm coming up to New York City this friday. I'll be staying till wen. Anybody have any sugestions about what to do about parking. I'll be staying with my wifes cusin in manhatten. I've heard that there are parking decks, but they run around $30 a day.
What do you think I should do?
Wednesday. Suggestions. Cousin. Manhattan.

Yea, parking is going to rape you. You'll be really lucky to find a place on the street, but even then, you have to worry about your car being nicked and feeding the meter. I think the parking garage is your best bet, considering the time you will be spending here.

·
Registered
1995 2.? L
143 Posts
You can park outside of the city and take NJ transit in.
Metropark garage is $5 per day and the train is $12 each way.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
I suggest not bringing a car. However I rarey stay that long. Park outside the city and take transit in or be prepared to bend over for 3 days in a garage.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
wrap ur car in bubble wrap cause people are assholes and will back into ur shit like nothin and peace out...

·
Registered
silverthorn RS coupe
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WoW!! Well I have been thinking of parking in jersey, and taking a train in. That my be my best bet.
Supers587 Thanks for the help with spelling. I was thinking I had it all wrong.
I'd drive the rs up there but I'd be afraid of it disappearing, broken into, or banged up. The forester is newer, but less noticable.

or

The miata would be the best bet, but I don't want to spend 12 hours driving it.

·
Registered
silverthorn RS coupe
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sti swap or painted IM and sti ic?
Its an sti intake, manifold, sti intercooler, vf39, sti exhaust manifold, perrin up pipe, stromung downpipe, and sti catback. Sti mapping on the stock computer using engineuity.
Its not swapped. The only difference from the ej255 and ej257 is the connecting rods. ej257 has forged rods, ej255 are cast.
So its pretty darn close.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey nice fxt, im a local.( jersey city) best bet is if you have to drive park in jersey and take the train in. PATH connections to nyc are in newark penn station, harrison, and jersey city.

·
Registered
silverthorn RS coupe
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I ended up driving into the city and parking on some side streets the whole time.
this was on 75th and 2nd. (this spot worked out great, its right at the apt doors.

I had to move when they were sweaping the streets, so here it is a couple blocks down on 78th and 2nd.

It was a wonderful trip, but I would definally never drive in the city again, VERY stressful!!

·
Registered
silverthorn RS coupe
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Growing up around the city and being there a lot you get use to it.
I'd sure hope so! I love my north carolina traffic. (even though I thought my comute into raleigh every day was bad, it is nothing compaired to what a big city is)

Thanks for the help guys!!!

-mike

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yea sweet fxt. and like every one else said dont park your car in the city. i wont drive my car any where close to the city and im like 30 mins from the outskirts. not unless you have a real POS.

·
Banned
SUBARUS
971 Posts
Really? I understand. Maybe its just me but the only car i dont drive and park in the city is the gold car and my 914. I use to drive my RS in all the time, even when it was swapped. Drive my Spec B in there all the time and always park on the street bc parking garages are your worst enemy :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts