Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
06' Leg Spec B - No more RS :(
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some issues with my paint esspecially on my front bumper and I thought up a whacky idea to fix it. That is until I ultimaltely get a whole paint job from a professional. the areas with the arrows will be painted gloss black along the contours.
Let me know your thoughts and if there are any tips with using a can of spray paint.

· Banned
01 Silverthorn 2.5rs
674 Posts
Gah, it's late, didn't see "gloss black"

Get one of the handles that has a "Trigger" on it. much easier to control the spray, and keeps your hands clean. Lots of thin coats.

· Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
3,262 Posts
yeah light stated already thin coats have a tack cloth near by in case anything falls onto the paint, also keep the spray tip clean on the rattle can. I thnk it would be easier of you remove the bumper and paint it away from the car over spray is a pita!

PS: we should trade headlights:)

· Registered
'06 LGT
9,912 Posts
Different Idea.... Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Is that the Ebay lip that everyone says fits amazingly.

· Registered
2008 AW STi
7,174 Posts
If you dont cover you ENTIRE car properly, you are going to have a shit load of paint overspray on your car. Which will come of with a clay bar. But it will be a pain in the ass... and in turn will create swirl marks on your car which if you care at all will need to be polished out. My advice is to take the front bumper off and paint it somewhere where the paint will not get on other vehicles.

I wouldnt do what you are doing but... to each his own.

· Registered
06' Leg Spec B - No more RS :(
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah not quite like that. Im painting just the top of the front bumper below the headlights all around then just inside the bottom of the license frame. Then where the wrap around is on the fogs just on top of that surface like what ever is facing up same with the bottom of the fod area which youd did photo shop. I just did phase I.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.