Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've got my boost and egt gauges installed. Fuel pump, yup. E-Manage, yup. Re-routed A/C, valve cover breather lines, yup. Modified WRX IC, yup. Setup time at the exhaust shop, yup. What's missing you ask??? My freakin oil lines, gaskets, and plugs from ISR. Should've had em over a week ago. Argh!!! I'm ready for this freakin install already!

edit: well, I just talked to Pam at ISR and she thinks her shipping guy either forgot or just didn't sent my parts... either way he goofed and she's going to next-day air me the rest of my parts. Looks like we'll be installing Friday/Saturday :)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Lucky bastich. I'm hoping to be that far along by the end of the year. How did you go about re-routing the AC lines? Are you talking about the metal tubing?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lo0mis, yup. The metal A/C line has to move down under the dogbone to allow the WRX I/C to fit. The only thing that's pissin me off is I'll have to loose the cruise control throttle until I can modify it to work with the BOV recirculator elbow. Right now when the I/C is in its correct position the elbow hits the throttle and opens it up ~ 25%. Ugh, spent all that time relocating the control module and I'm going to lose it anyway (at least for now).

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Can you just rotate the reciculator so the elbow is in a different location and get a longer hose?

I have a WRX intrecooler in the mail right now. Do you think this is only an issue with the recirculator that you have, or will this be an issue with any BOV on the WRX intercooler?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the elbow really has to bend down or it will really hit the throttles. The "stock" elbow is ~1.25" dia and although I've taken it to a grinder it still hits the throttle. For MY00+ with the MAP sensor I'm sure it can just be removed but for 99- we're stuck for now. As for aftermarket, not sure what will or will not fit. The problem is the WRX throttles are on the other side of the throttle body. Looking at the dual throttle setup it should be easy to mod the CC throttle to fit correctly. Stay tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts