Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Audi 4.2, 911 Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting the Stromung race-pipe for my '02 this week and had some questions.

1.) Does anyone have the link for the mechanical CEL fixes?

2.) Will I need to buy an extension for the rear O2 bung? If so, where can I buy one?

I picked up a new donut gasket for the cat and mid-pipe, so it's probably a good idea to pick up a new gasket for the place where the race-pipe will meet the headers I'm thinking.

Thanks in advance for any answers and if anyone has any more advice about anything-I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
Audi 4.2, 911 Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2002 Forester
464 Posts
There is no point to go catless. You'll just put $100 in your pocket and then take $50 of it out for a track pipe that gives you no additional flow gains of just using a high flow cat.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
There is no point to go catless. You'll just put $100 in your pocket and then take $50 of it out for a track pipe that gives you no additional flow gains of just using a high flow cat.
going catless is pointless? show me PROOF that going catless is pointless.

its cheaper than a high flow cat....

going catless/high flow cat is the best mod for NA IMO.

if you want to pass emissions. then just put the catted pipe back on...

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
going catless is pointless? show me PROOF that going catless is pointless.

its cheaper than a high flow cat....

going catless/high flow cat is the best mod for NA IMO.

if you want to pass emissions. then just put the catted pipe back on...
I wasn't going to say anything :mamoru:

Tnice17 is right. Going catless is a pretty good gain for N/A power when you tune for it. Top end is significantly increased, especially with cams. You can just get the MIL eliminator and wire that in = no more CEL = pass emissions.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
^I want some flames on my exhaust but i don't want to burn my tommy kaira bumper.

·
Registered
Audi 4.2, 911 Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my Stromung cat-back in the mail today. I left the stock 2007 WRX mid-pipe on as the Stromung had no resonator in it.

Will doing that give me less of a chance of getting raspiness when I go cat-less?

·
Registered
Audi 4.2, 911 Turbo
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't going to say anything :mamoru:

Tnice17 is right. Going catless is a pretty good gain for N/A power when you tune for it. Top end is significantly increased, especially with cams. You can just get the MIL eliminator and wire that in = no more CEL = pass emissions.

When you say tuned, would I need to pick up some sort of piggy-back, or can my tuner just do something with the stock ECU?

·
Anti-Nonsense
2004 2.5 RS, 1973 L48 Corvette
438 Posts
When you say tuned, would I need to pick up some sort of piggy-back, or can my tuner just do something with the stock ECU?
Do an I-Speed reflash or get a piggyback like the PP6 or greddy Emanage. Talk to your tuner to see what he likes to use as well, if you are not going to be tuning it yourself. Sometimes they will know a certain piggyback better than others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts