Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about goin X-counrty. I have a RS 2.5 with 30,000 on the odm. I have a few mods like intake, headers, catback and pully.

I'm kinda scard that the subie will find an oil leak somewhere or something may come up....

Does anyone have any advice? THnaks

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
If it were me I would change all fluids and inspect the seals and belts, maybe change the sparks if needed. Take it to your dealer for the 30,000 mile tune up if you don't want to do the work yourself. Carry emergency supplies with you and at least a basic tool kit. Oh yeah have fun on your drive and dont forget to bring a lot of music withya :nuetron:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice:sunny:

I can change the fluids myself, but how would I go about checking the seals?

Also, I had to change the OEM belt on my pully and I'm not sure what size the belt has to be? Its an Unorthordox Pully and the belt that it came with. Does anyone have the part number?
Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you have the dealer do the 30k service, they can do a once over on the car. It should be fine and ready to go.

Sounds like a good trip too. :)

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn Coupe
144 Posts
What ever you do, don't do it the night before you leave. Maintinence problems (loose lug nuts, leaking oil sump plug, a "bad" brake job ect ect) are a leading cause of breakdown on the freeway of newer vehicles. Drive on the items for a couple of days before you take off days away from home.

cheeRS,

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts