Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I think I'm gonna start a glove box light project. It really bugs me that the ashtray is lit, but the glove box isn't. I want to make this look nice and factory.

Anyone know if any of the other subaru's have glove box lights we can canabalize (like the trunk light mod)?

If there isn't any factory parts, any one have a suggestion for a switch I can use for it. I figure it would be easy enough to tap the ashtry light for power, but I don't want to leave the light on continuously.

I'd appreciate any suggestions people might have.

~Alan

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Our 97 Legacy Outback Limited has a glove compartment light. It only comes on when the lights are on. Maybe I can take some pics to see if that will help. e-mail me direct if you want me to do that. [email protected] Sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Why not drill some really small holes in the top of the box and wire a bunch of brite white leds?
Kevin

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
That's an option, but I want to try to keep it as stock looking as possible.

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
the Nasty Ass wrx comes with them, maybe we can take it off of that?
I saw the switch etc, looks like it will work out.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
I looked at the one in a WRX but the bulb is exposed and hanging out there in the compartment. For the WRX it's in a recess and sort of protected for us that wouldn't be the case. Still waiting on the part

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Well the above link will no longer work the new one is:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1055#post1055

It appears that we are already set up for the glove compartment light. I should have looked before I got the legacy bulb setup :curse:

Anyway, I'll find out and order the proper parts tomorrow. It's the same setup I saw in the new WRX and new Legacy. Here is what I found:

I'll get it right eventually :)

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what car are these parts off of Peaty? If they're off a WRX, I could probably go up to the junkyard this weekend and cannibalize it for the necessary parts. Oh well, thanks for pushing the project along.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
waddya know it came today. I'm not sure I can find the place to plug this in (I don't remember seeing it) but I can tap into the pink plug harness shown above. It will probably involve making the wires longer is all. Here is a pic. I will make it work...

Attachments

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Done :p

I'm transfering pics to my PC to edit now. I have all the details tonight...

·
Registered
93 Posts
We need part #'s!!!

That is awesome!! I've been meaning to get around to rigging up something like that for my Ru and the wife's Forester!!!!:happynow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts