Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
98 RS coupe with ej257 and six speed
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I’m not new to Subaru‘s. Been buying them and working on them for years. Currently have a 98 blue and gold 2.5 RS coupe and a Saabaru Aero in red. The rs is nearly done with its full gd wrx swap to include a built 257 w/vf43, 6 speed, 4/2 pot brakes, subframes, gas tank, full interior, and more. It doesn’t have avcs nor a dccd yet, so I’m not calling it a full sti swap.
Also, this Prodrive suspension is coming out of the car for rallycross suspension. When was the last time a set of these came up?

Composite material Gas Engineering Symmetry Water

Attachments

· Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe, 02 wrx engine & 05 dash swap
1,654 Posts
Hope you post some pics of your build! Haven't seen those in quite a while, tho honestly unless you have a shop to rebuild its probably better to go with struts, but if you do get them would be interested to hear how you like them.

Also v7 sti had non dccd trans so calling it a full sti swap is no problem 😀

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here’s some more of the build. It’s definitely every bit a full build. Literally almost everything has come off the car besides the trunk lid, rear bumper, and doors. There’s very little gc left in it. Gas tank, subframes, full dash with gd AC, and more are in or about to be in. The heads might be done Friday, so I’m going to try to hope start the car Sunday or Monday. I haven’t taken any photos in a few days so the progress is a bit further along than this.
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might do that after it’s together. It’s going to be a dual purpose daily/rallycross car this year. There’s going to be a lot of development for rallycross because I’m going to try to win the national championship again this year. Goal is FTD overall, so lots of little details will be put into this car. Hopefully that can be useful to others.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven’t driven in years. Last time I went to nationals was about 6 years ago in a Miata. I started doing stage rally after that for a couple years and then when I started contracting in Iraq I almost stopped driving completely. I’m down in the central Florida region. The southeast championship is in a couple months down here. There will be several fast people at that to compare pace to. Hopefully the car is pretty good by then because my driving needs refreshing. I got FTD at the last local rallycross a few months ago is a fat slow car, but made so many mistakes in the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts