Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site so don't bash me yet. I've got an '02 2.5RS and I'm having a hell of a time finding '02 specific parts. I was wondering if anyone can give me a crash course in what other models', and model years' parts I can switch out of my ride. Is the 02 basically the same as the '00, or '01?

· Registered
07 subaru outback LLbean H6
1,375 Posts
Well first off welcome.

As far as parts, you have a bug eye right so no body parts from an 00 or 01 will go on your 02. You can swap trunks off your 02 with any Impreza from 02 to 07 rims as well besides some BBS off of I think 04 STI. There are exhaust out there but might have to be modded to fit becasue they were made for the WRX or STI. You can get a set of Borrlla rep headers as long as they are dual port.

Best first up grade would be find a bigger sway bar from a WRX with a good set of end links. Hope this helps a bit if you have any thing els you woukld like to know just ask. good luck and post some pics

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

that was exactly what I was looking for! I'd like to upgrade my brakes and suspension first, so the swaybar was just what I was thinking too. I'm in the NE so I'm prob gonna go with a summer, and winter wheel set. read alot about headers on here so i'd like to get some borla reps and a nice SRI.

its auto, so i'd like to start another car budget to get myself an access port.

i hope this isn't a dumb question... does moding have a substantial impact on engine life? this girl is my daily workhorse as well as my toy, so I have to be a little careful. I'm thinking bubblewrap and duct tape. Haha.

thanks again everyone!

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Well

that was exactly what I was looking for! I'd like to upgrade my brakes and suspension first, so the swaybar was just what I was thinking too. I'm in the NE so I'm prob gonna go with a summer, and winter wheel set. read alot about headers on here so i'd like to get some borla reps and a nice SRI.

i hope this isn't a dumb question... does moding have a substantial impact on engine life? this girl is my daily workhorse as well as my toy, so I have to be a little careful. I'm thinking bubblewrap and duct tape. Haha.

thanks again everyone!

Depends on what you are looking to do. Exhaust and headers won't impact motor life. But if you put nitro in then yes or try to turbo a stock RS motor. Stick with the easy things Brakes, suspention, rims. You could find some one sellling a WRX or STI wing or hood. What color is you Suby. Living in NY you might not want to drop it to low with the roads you know what I mean.

If your looking for more HP your not going to get to much unless you take the motor out and start to rebuild it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again! I'm not looking to nitro, or turbo. I'll save my money for an sti. For the time being, I'm interested in basic mods now (sway & strut bars, intake, exhaust, brakes), but by the time the car is paid off, and I have that sti, I'd like to keep this one, and dive in to a rebuild. maybe see how much NA hp I can muster out of her.

Thanks again for all your input! I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions! If i'm not back, its because I electrocuted myself trying to install my DIY grounding kit!

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Gain's

Thanks again! I'm not looking to nitro, or turbo. I'll save my money for an sti. For the time being, I'm interested in basic mods now (sway & strut bars, intake, exhaust, brakes), but by the time the car is paid off, and I have that sti, I'd like to keep this one, and dive in to a rebuild. maybe see how much NA hp I can muster out of her.

Thanks again for all your input! I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions! If i'm not back, its because I electrocuted myself trying to install my DIY grounding kit!
The gain's are small with exhaust and headers high flow cat would be a good thing as well.

:blol: to you zapping your self. that mod is easy. good luck

· L On Roids.
98L 2.2
2,138 Posts

thanks again everyone!
Buy my front rotora rotors if your workin on your brakes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.