Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to make a members journal for my newly acquired 1998 2.5rs RBP. Purchased this from the original owner with only 54k miles. Most definitely the cleanest stock RS I have ever seen so I had to get it. I don't have many plans for it currently besides keeping it clean and keeping the miles low.

*Another cool note about the car. It has only been maintained at the dealer since new* Oil changes, exhaust install, battery, etc.

Current Mods:
Factory offered brospeed catback exhaust (perfect for those looking for a stock looking quiet exhaust)

Future Mods:
Repaint the 5 spokes back to original gold.(The previous owner was an older guy and thought the gold was too much and had them powdercoated silver)

Picture from the day I picked it up.

FIA 1997 Rally Championship Badge. I have heard this is somewhat rare and came on the first shipments of 98 Rs'

Attachments

·
Registered
BRP '01 2.5RS 4EAT coupe
113 Posts
I think it's funny that the guy thought the gold wheels were beneath his maturity level, but was fine with leaving that rear spoiler on there.

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Unfortunately no real updates on the RS or Forester. RS has been my weekend driver and my Forester has been the parts hauler.

Today I added another Subaru to the fleet. 1999 Limited Legacy Outback :projectsti.com:

A little over a month ago my distance relative emailed me asking if I would have an interest in her Subaru once she found her replacement (Forester). I told her I would but probably wasn't going to pay a whole lot for it. She told me some of the issues with it and gave her my willing price range Worst to Best case scenario considering the issues she described. She picked up her Forester early this week and today me and my girlfriend made the 2.5 hour drive to pick it up.

Onto the car:
232k Miles (I believe she was Original Owner)
Limited (Leather, Dual Sunroof/Moonroof, heated seats/mirrors, the works.
Automatic

Issues:
Biggest, Steering wheel violently shakes at 60mph
1 front tire is down to about nothing (Very Sketchy driving would not recommend)
Drivers seat is torn up and needs replacement/seat cover
Pass headlight bulb is out
leaks some oil (as most subarus w/200k+ miles
Its dirty
Peeling paint on trim/dents on hatch

Plans:
Fix up and replace the Forester as a parts hauler/DD
Fix up and sell.
Sell it off as is.

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had a couple free days and decided to start cleaning up and clearing out vehicles since I havent been driving them much.

RS got an oil change and a cleaning. Still debating on keeping it or selling.
May add a 20mm rsb and jdm tails and possibly seats if I plan on keeping.

Sold off Forester.

Bought some new wheels and tires for the Outback. Cleaned inside and out. Purchased a seat cover and fixed some small odds and ends. This will be my daily until I find a FXT that fits my criteria.

How it sits, now roadworthy with new wheels/tires.

[/QUOTE]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts