Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 arcadia green L
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how badass would a ej22 look with itbs on it? i wanna get the most out of my engine without boosting it. anyone got any tips and ideas? i guess im gonna start with small bolt ons for now and eventually move to the internals. but i want to keep it n/a cause i feel its more reliable and less maintenance than forced induction. also insurance will be less lol. i will not lie, if i find a wrecked rs wagon at a good price i will do the swap.:confused:

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Why wait for an RS? A Forester or Legacy will have the exact same motor as an RS. By the way, You won't find an RS wagon.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
RS wagon didn't exist in the gf body style.

with that being said, you won't get much out of the 2.2L with out forced induction. you can do cams, light weight this and that etc...but for less than what you spend on all that..you can build a dead on reliable turbo kit for that very same 2.2L. not to mention, with all the bolt ons and trying to keep it NA, you won't be anywhere close to the power you'd get by building that turbo kit.

edit: damnit JAY! beat me to it while i was typing a novel!

·
Registered
White 1998 Impreza OBS
55 Posts
you can always just buy an outback sport and a RS front bumper...Outback RS ftw and it already comes with the 2.2! but honestly, i'd swap a 2.5 if you are staying n/a...my 2.2 is PUTTY and I've even got the 4.11 gearing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts