Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Right now my 99 2.5RS is bone stock. I am getting ready to purchase a Borla header (found it for $277.39 shipped from Performancecenter.com) Has anyone ordered from them? are they good or no?

I am also looking to get a Stromung SS dual tip muffler and mid pipe. ($610 shipped from Stromung.)

i was wondering if these are good prices?:confused: I have been looking for a few months now and these are the best i could find.

Thanks for any input
Monas
:cool:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well the header is a good price but keep in mind that the welds are nothing to brag about, doesn't have a support bracket in case you go turbo later on and on the inside of the flanges you might need to do some porting to cleanup the excess metal blocking air flow where the welds are.

I have no opinion on the exhaust since I was never willing to pay that much for an exhaust. I bought a Apexi used in great condition for $250 and that was the axle back and the mid pipe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually i am planning on going turbo in the next year or so. Can you suggest a better header that would cost about $300-$400? I live on the beach in FL so I am trying to stay away from the mild steel headers.

I have been talking with some people about the exhaust and I think I am going to go with the Brullen 2.5" cat back dual 3" tip. I think that will give me much better flow than the Stromung's 2.25" piping.

Thanks for the info on the header :)
This is starting to be a big headache trying to get the right setup :curse:
well im sure it will all smooth out soon, i hope :rolleyes:

thanks again
Monas

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm not sure if there are any other header setups out there that offer a header that ends in the same location as the stock setup. Which is where most turbo kits connect the up pipe at. If you get the Borla just keep in mind it will need some work before you install it but you should be able to find a shop out there that can add a bracket to it especially since you will want to add a EGT bung anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts