Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2000 obs green
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title states, my car(2000 OBS) is getting random p1507 code. My car has also been suffering from severe hesitation. Could whatever is causing this code also be the cause of the hesitation? And also, would replacing my neutral safety switch help/fix? Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 obs green
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diagnostic code P1507 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

I'd clean IACV and TB with TB/MAF cleaner first before replace any parts because it costs only $10.
Thanks for the info but all this was done when I built the engine about 3000 miles ago. I went through everything. I've tried three tps' s (one new) two map sensors ( used but checked ok) three O2's ( also one new) and two iacv's (both used). Also I've swapped coilpacks, changed plugs and wires, checked fuel pressure, and tried two knock sensors ( one new) I'm feeling defeated :(

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
Trust me I feel the same way. I replaced my neutral switch yesterday and it seems to have kept my code at bay.. ill check back in if cel comes back...

·
Registered
2000 obs green
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me I feel the same way. I replaced my neutral switch yesterday and it seems to have kept my code at bay.. ill check back in if cel comes back...
Did you have anything more than a code and maybe erratic idle! Like bad hestitation throughout the rev range?

·
Registered
2000 obs green
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuel pressure regulator?
That's a good question, my fuel pressure (after filter) is 30 psi. When I stab the throttle it jumps to about 33-35, and if I unplug the vacuum line it increases to 33 and stays.

One thing I discovered last night was, when my p1507 code came on(immediatly upon startup) my car ran like crap, stumbling throughout all the revs and as soon as I cleared it (while running) it instantly came out of it.

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
Sounds about right. I just did mine and upgraded to a high lph one. Not too bad to do.

·
Registered
2000 obs green
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well after lots of searching, only because I don't want to spend any more cash on unnecisary parts, I keep coming up with results that show my fuel pressure to be correct. Between 30-35 psi with vac line connected.

·
Registered
2001 OBS 5MT 2.2
22 Posts
Well after lots of searching, only because I don't want to spend any more cash on unnecisary parts, I keep coming up with results that show my fuel pressure to be correct. Between 30-35 psi with vac line connected.
I had all these same issues with my OBS last year, replaced the Netutral switch and all is well now. If you can get your hands on a good scanner, it will tell you when its switched on/off. Otherwise you can remove the air box and test continuity at the brown 2-wire connector for it.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Outback Sport
222 Posts
OK.... Enough about the neutral safety switch. A neutral safety switch has absolutely nothing to do with engine control. It prohibits the starter motor from cranking while in any other gear other than Park or Neutral, that is all it does.

P1507 is a common code to earlier cars. Symptoms will be "hunting for idle" and other idling issues. The code sets when the Idle Air Control Valve can no longer compensate for idle adjustment. This could be caused by many things, including the valve itself. If it no longer operates properly, idle hunting is common.

Excessive air or fuel will cause the ECU to demand more idle control from the IACV. When the ECU determines it must command the valve to operate past specification... P1507 will set, usually with other codes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts