• Rally Blue Pearl

Votes: 34 42.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GTR
702 Posts
generally BRP looks sexier since it's darker. And it absolutely o3ns all colors at night.. Only thing is that it is a real biatch to keep clean. you see every single flaw (key marks, white spots, chips, etc.) in your car if you look closely and dust collects on it no matter if you garage it or not. Personally, if I could buy my car all over again, i'd get white cuz it looks nice and u don't have to clean it as much.

here's a recent thread on color...

http://12.211.200.235/Forums/showthread.php?threadid=4748

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think whatever year you decide to get will be the determining factor. As in '00 and '01 would be BRP, and '99 and older would be RBP. Well AFAIK...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I already know about that but I dont think theres any differences between 99 and 00 models so the main factor is the color ~...unless it has been proven that either model is better than the other one

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
You don't get the limited slip in the 1999 model...so that might help make your decision.

It affected mine!! ;)

I prefer the BRP, but hey...I have one..so I am a bit biased!!!

T

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
99 is a MAF based engine, and the 00 and up are MAP based. And I dont think the 99s are OBDII based, but the 00s and up are. And like Rallychic said the 99 doesn't have the rear LSD.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Lo0mis said:
99 is a MAF based engine, and the 00 and up are MAP based. And I dont think the 99s are OBDII based, but the 00s and up are. And like Rallychic said the 99 doesn't have the rear LSD.
All cars 96 and up should be OBDII. A MAF responds better to most mods, but a MAP system is simpler.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Rallychic said:
You don't get the limited slip in the 1999 model...so that might help make your decision.

It affected mine!! ;)

I prefer the BRP, but hey...I have one..so I am a bit biased!!!

T
keep in mind that 00+ have a higher compression ratio than 99s, and a little less turbo-friendly.

·
Registered
283 Posts
BLASPHEMY!!

Theyre the same color!!!

-C.D.
:checkit: PS (Im color blind...)

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
RBP hands down... BRP is by far the most abundant color in the RS's existence... if you go to a big meet, they outnumber everything at least 2 to 1

·
Premium Member
2001 Impreza OBS
2,180 Posts
I still have no idea what i am looking for in an RS. I know i want 4 door, but then again, it looks like everyone has a 2 door. Are there any advantages to having a 2 door over a 4 door? And what are people`s favorite color?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Yeah I didn't think I would get a 4 door, but I like it now....compared to the coupe.

The BRP is very pretty....;)

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
I have a BRP MY00 RS and I love the color, but like somebody else said... you can see EVERY scratch and imperfection in the paint... which drives me absolutely nuts....but I still love the car... take that as you will...good luck

Check out this link, it has a bunch of daytime pic's of my car...enjoy

http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~jproulx/2point5RS/

Suby25

1 - 20 of 36 Posts