Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the "other" club, no response... Anyone here know?
Does anyone know the major differences between the Gen 1 Apexi S-AFC and the newer Gen 2 as far as functionality is concerned? What does the Gen 2 do that the Gen 1 don't?
I will soon be in the market for a fuel controller of some sort. I've been checking ebay and they are significantly cheaper than the gen 2. I also read that with the Gen 1 you have to set DIP switches on the back of the unit to select the car type/model. Will the Gen 1 work with a MY00 RS ECU?
Is the gen 2 a glorified flashy graphics version of the gen 1, or will offer me better control over the fuel delivery?
Personally I don't care much for the flashy graphics and LCD screens. I just need basic easy to use functionality.

Any thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Although I have never even touched the S-AFC or know how it works, I would recommend calling/emailing the vendor and ask them the questions. I'm sure you'll get a direct answer and then you could post it here for humble us who like to read than write. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah I could do that but I don't think ebay vendors know a hell of a lot about Subaru ECU's. I could be wrong...
Also the instruction booklest for the Gen 1 S-AFC come only in Japanese. I don't think there is a translation available like there is for the GEN 2.

Anyone have knowledge on these products and care to help me out?

Chad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found english documents for the GEN 1.
There doens't appear to be any settings for an EJ25 but... It shouldn't be that hard to configure it to work...
I'm going to look into it a bit furthur.
Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts