Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wnondering what would be causeing a so called "rattle" in the transmission when I start out in first gear? I had a technition ride along and he told me it might be a missing tooth and or a damaged tooth in the transmission. I was asking If that is what it is and what the best way is to deal with it? I am thinking of putting in upgraded/ aftermarket gears in the transmission as well as the clutch.

My next question is what you people recommend I put in the transmissions place and gear box to replace he parts, Is a rebuilt transmission a good way to go? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
2.5 RS crazy

· Registered
1998 Suby Impreza RS, Red
389 Posts
I am kinda waiting for an answer on this too, as I don't know much at all about our transmissions. Mine has developed a whine, and I am thinking a rebuild is a good idea anyway since it has a lot of miles.

If I find anything out in my research, or in talking to people, I will let you know:) Could you do the same if you find out some info?

Thanks,
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.