Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 4145 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
?????

So the supercharger has its own internal ( maf not map u mean right).

Is there a way to tap into it with a stand alone guage?

I ve been using the lc1 wide band o2 to tune fuel .

So why did u need to go for a seperate maf? Could I use say a wrx maf sensor in place of my stock n/a maf? And just scale it so the ecu will read the higher g/sec of air?

also so how much for just the hardware supercharger, bracket, belt, intake?

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
82 Posts
is your sc carb legal in california. will it pass the visual inspection. if not can the sc be removed easy, or just the belt? some intakes come with a number stamped on them, certifing they pass emitons standards.

·
Registered
2006 2.5i San Remo Red SC
1,214 Posts
so a lightened pulley would help in spooling it up then..good news I plan on also doing this to the engine..still waiting on Tim to give me the heads up on my ECU picks..I'll upload them tomorrow I'm at work right now at the refinery but I have sat and sun off then TurnAround for the rest of this month and next month..hope to bank on overtime for my kit....2500 bucks a week should get me everything I need by end of Feb.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,295 Posts
is your sc carb legal in california. will it pass the visual inspection. if not can the sc be removed easy, or just the belt? some intakes come with a number stamped on them, certifing they pass emitons standards.
I can say 100% i bet this is not CA legal... i live here too :(

then again... my chopped intake/no cats isnt either :blol:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Well from the looks of it from NASIOC what I've been here over there is that with the ETC the kit won't work very well but I haven't gotten an answer from TIM yet so who knows. If using the PP6 will help with the drive by wire then this might not me a problem but us 06+ imprezas might have to wait till end of this year..which sucks but if thats the case then I'll just do the swap. Was just hoping to save an extra 2 grand for other mods but...owell.

·
Registered
08 2.5i
25 Posts
hey trade, quick q popped into my head: to do a minor touch up tune, do we need some gauges, such as an A/F one, or does the piggyback provide enough information to perform a tune?

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Been getting hammered for Flat 6 kits, will look at it later in the year

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So trade any word with that pic of the ECU I e-mailed you. Is there a possible out come with the 05+ and 2.5i's....

·
Registered
RS Impreza Hatch MY05 Silver
93 Posts
tim

that problem i had with my ecu is fixed there was a map on the computer i deleted it and run perfect, i also played around with the program i set the throttle position and just looked around what stuff you can do with the ecu, its a pretty good system easy to use

andrew

·
Registered
RS Impreza Hatch MY05 Silver
93 Posts
i just recieved my supercharge kit for my 05 rs hatch i am a really happy customer now ill let you guys know how it fittered up and goes in a week or so

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
VIsubie

Its all go on your model so far I understand, we have a Canadian company who is huge in Subaru and they have already purchased the unit they plan to piggyback and will soon have the wiring plans etc all laid out and ready to go.

mprsya

Great to hear you got your kit, call me a few days prior to fitting the kit and I will verse you on a few things ok, but don't leave it till the day you want to fit it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
VIsubie

Its all go on your model so far I understand, we have a Canadian company who is huge in Subaru and they have already purchased the unit they plan to piggyback and will soon have the wiring plans etc all laid out and ready to go.

mprsya

Great to hear you got your kit, call me a few days prior to fitting the kit and I will verse you on a few things ok, but don't leave it till the day you want to fit it.
So they will working on the Engine Management for the 2.5i's then if I'm understanding correctly. Will you guys be selling the kit or will you be more of a distributor for them in canada(which is sweet got family there too) while we purchse the kit from them.:banana: Well hope all the 2.5i guys read this. Seems like its a go with our models which is pretty nice seeing as there are alot of 2.5i's out there lookin for a mild application to add to the already small aftermarket add on's for our rides.

141 - 160 of 4145 Posts